King ranch steering wheel

Gregtracy7

Reaction score
I may be posting in the wrong section (apologies)

I have a 2010 f250 King ranch and the steering wheel is becoming something of an eye sore. Not only is the King ranch leather turning black in parts the camel colored plastic is losing its color and becoming gross as well.

Has anyone tried swapping a 6.7 KR steering wheel in? Or have any suggestions other than replacing it? Truck has 80,xxx miles on it. For a $500 steering wheel I would rather find something that will hold up better.

TripleE44

Reaction score
A few months ago a friend of mine stopped by in his 6.7 King Ranch and I noticed how bad his was and the dealer had told him the only thing to do was replace it.

Moderately diluted degreaser and a microfiber rag made a HUGE difference.

If you're down to the point of getting a new wheel it would be worth a shot.

Emery19

Reaction score
your lucky its just changing color. mines so bad to a point where its starting to shred in my hands. if theres any moisture in the air i have to brush leather off my pants when i get out of the truck. i'm going to have to replace mine before long.

I believe when Shone has his 08 he had the top between 11 and 2 changed to woodgrain, I don't believe it was cheap though.

dboat

Reaction score
what about an aftermarket leather wheel wrap? I am just about in the same position myself. I have a cheapie vinyl wrap on my Jeep.. doesnt look all too bad.. but would prefer something a bit nicer in my Lariat

f350guy

Reaction score
I have one from this place on one of my Euro cars -

http://wheelskins.com/

Ordered up a few different colors for the F350 to decide what I would like to do as my OEM leather coloring has vanished and looks like **** considering the price of the truck.

There is also a place in Houston that similar work. I will try to find their name.

mvent

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to the steering wheel on my 2010 KR.
I scraped off the black crust with a credit card, and then worked in KR conditioner, while it was still wet I wrapped a piece of cheese cloth around the rim of steering wheel and pulled back and forth like shoe shining.
It came out like brand new, all the little fuzz that you get after you scrape it goes away.
Good luck!

Trevor

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_9437.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 95