Cracked HD pistons?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Has anyone cracked an HD piston? Got a P0266 code. Motor has about 20k miles on it & is from Midwest Diesel. Has been fantastic since getting it. Injectors have maybe 30k on them. Running 71/59's all ******s & GH street tuning & studded. Truck is used to pull 15k lbs most weekends thru the summer. Truck is running fine, down on power just a bit & a lil more smokey. Not much blow bye at all.... :fustrate:

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I've read that & I've also read not much of a difference besides power loss sometimes. Something is definitely cycling. Rev to about 2000 RPMs & it will drop to 1800-1900 Rpm then come back to 2000? Hooking it to a Ford computer Saturday hopefully. Just trying to see if I can sleep a lil better till I know.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I ran the codes because of the slight power loss & warmer EGT's when towing. Fixed a boost leak from a leaking boot. Then the temps were still higher than normal after that.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
if u cracked a piston your blowby would be so bad there would be oil coming out of ccv and spraying everywhere

X2.. If the piston was cracked enough to show power loss and throw a code you would have some serious crankcase pressure.

Latest posts

Members online