Injector nozzles

webb06

Reaction score
any guys out there swap the nozzles them selfs? im looking to do this, never have before. or does everyone send them out, flow test and swapped. then put them back in them selves??

A lot of guys have. There's a YouTube video of how to properly do it that a member on here made. It's not a bad idea to have them balanced and flowed though. But it costs quite a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Check out Jerry Bruley's YouTube channel. He has a good video. His handle is 08BIGRIG on here

Rubenk

Reaction score
I just bought a nozzles and plan on doing them on my stock injectors. I did do a power balance with IDS and seen that all of my injectors look good in there before hand though.

I'll have a set of 30% nozzles for sale if you're interested? I decided to go with 60s and more pump.

BogginF350

Reaction score
Just wanted to jump in and give you a few pointers from a earlier post I made. You are much better off to have your existing nozzles modified and reinstalled to the injector it was removed from.

I have seen up to a 45CC variance @ 27Kpsi /2.3MS on new units with 100% nozzles. In my opinion 45cc is huge. In laymans terms that is nearly 50% of max delivery on a stock 6.0 engine, which that 45cc nets 170hp worth of fuel..

That cylinder is going to run extremely hot compared to the rest at WOT. This is most likely why people are seeing random melted pistons. One injector flows 315CC and the next flows 360CC. Last week I did three sets with 60% nozzles and they varied from 285cc to 300CC. It seems to multiply based on the % of overflow. And this is using new nozzles that are balanced within one tenth of 1%. Also, it is good to trim the delivery on idle and mid range by changing the stack height of the Piezo. This nets a much smother idle.

Latest posts

Members online