Injector nozzles

powerstroke6.4L

Reaction score
I just wanna hear some people thoughts on going with just injector nozzles oppose to buy all new bigger injectors, pros and cons of both, any input is much appreciated

NathannialD

Reaction score
new bigger injectors are just new injectors with nozzles swapped on, if your injectors are in good shape just get the nozzles and swap them.

thumbo88

Reaction score
hey do you think i will need an upgraded high pressure fuel pump im only wanting to go 30 over for right now

B585Ford

Reaction score
For feedback, I just did a nozzle swap and am running 15% nozzles and a stock, single HPFP...one of my favorite mods I have done!!! The spool up is great.

B585Ford

Reaction score
hey do you think i will need an upgraded high pressure fuel pump im only wanting to go 30 over for right now

It depends on your goals....you will definitely need to cut the PW to maintain RP with 30%s. Some guys are fans of running a larger nozzle with a shorter PW...if the timing in the tune is right it helps keep all the fuel sprayed into the bowl so there is definitely some logic to it. Eric (Innovative) was a fan of 30%s and said you could make power with them. Since I run Matt's (GH) tuning, I asked him before I decided on the size and recommended only going to the 15%..so that's what I did. If you plan to go to duals eventually and only want to swap nozzles once, I think you could get by with 30%s on a stock HPFP without too much trouble as long as you had custom tunes. Eric (from Holder's) ran that combo for a while and did well with it. If you don't plan to go to duals, then I would probably stay with 15%s.

Big Calo

Reaction score
How much are the 15% nozzles? How much power you think with an Elite Tow Power Plus turbo, stock vs 15%?

My cousin just put his truck in the shop for headgaskets and studs, and is probably going to put the TPP turbo on. May try to talk him into bumping the nozzles to 15%, so he can maximize power and keep a single HPFP.

B585Ford

Reaction score
My stock Hpfp only lasted a few months then it couldn't maintain rp with 15% nozzles.

Exactly, that is why I said cut PW. RP is 21500 on 2.3 PW. PW 1.9 maintains RP. My guess is the sweet spot 2.05 to 2.1 PW for 15s.

Big Calo

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what would be the best option to be able to maximize the power of the parts he's getting. FWIW they are putting a new HPFP in while the have it tore down.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what would be the best option to be able to maximize the power of the parts he's getting. FWIW they are putting a new HPFP in while the have it tore down.

IMO the reason to do nozzles on a stock, singe HPFP is for spool up. With the correct tuning, you may be able to get a little more up top with 15%s, but probably not much and it will take good custom tunes get it. For how I use my truck and especially when considering my truck has manual tranny, spool up is everything for me and the reason I like this mod so much. My tires are starting to get worn, but if I am on a slight incline, up through 3 rd (and even sometimes 4th) gear, I can break both back tires loose almost immediately when I floor it.

Nick284

Reaction score
any guys out there swap the nozzles them selfs? im looking to do this, never have before. or does everyone send them out, flow test and swapped. then put them back in them selves??

dsberman94

Reaction score
any guys out there swap the nozzles them selfs? im looking to do this, never have before. or does everyone send them out, flow test and swapped. then put them back in them selves??

I have done it. There's a couple things you need to make sure to watch for and do, but they were pretty easy otherwise. Pretty much watched how to do it on a YouTube video and then just did it.

Latest posts

Members online