Radiator selection

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions. I have a customer who needs a radiator. He wants the best one and is scared a new ford unit may leak again in the future. What would you guys reccommend? Alradco. Or stick with ford.

JMart

Reaction score
Mishimoto, and check the cab mounts to make sure they aren't wearing out.

f350guy

Reaction score
I bought an Alradco one about a month ago, nice piece. Been too busy to install it. Few hundred more than OEM Ford, but no plastic to fail again.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Ok nice. Thank you guys for your input. Mike I will be in touch today. Thanks again eveyone.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Guys on the cab mounts. Is this what causes interference with the new radiators when cab is settled on bad mounts?

JMart

Reaction score
Guys on the cab mounts. Is this what causes interference with the new radiators when cab is settled on bad mounts?

If the cab mounts are bad, the cab can flex and put stress on the side of the radiator if the truck is driven off road or over rough terrain.

sootie

Reaction score
Alradco. That way you don't have to deal with the horrible customer service of Mishimoto when you have an issue.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Nothing guarantees a future leaky radiator unfortunately.

I went with OEM for around $575. It lasted 180k, surely it will do another 180k.

6.4f350

Reaction score
My OEM lasted 130k miles before it was replaced due to a collision. Then I went through 3 Mishimotos in 15,000 miles. I put another OEM one in and haven't had any trouble since. The plastic end tanks allow the OEM radiator to tolerate the flex of the cab better than a solid aluminum radiator.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Mishimoto, I order one when I lived in Guam on a Monday (Tuesday here state side) It was on my door step Friday (Thursday here state side) and the shipping was not outrageous either. Great product. I also oreder cab mounts they took 2 weeks to get to Guam..... And they are still sitting in my tool box for me to do them here soon.

Latest posts

Members online