Aftermarket wheel help

skevac

Reaction score
I'm looking at a set of 20x9 -12 offset wheels. On a 2010 without flares how far are these going to stick out of the fenderwell. Don't want them to stick out past the fender a mile as I don't want sh!t thrown all down the side of my truck every time I drive through a small puddle. I know this question probably has been asked a million times? I just don't have time to look through every thread to find the answer. Besides that I know there are guys on here seem like they change wheels monthly. So getting an answer should be easy? Thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
So, like 1/2" farther than the factory wheel or 1/2" past the fender at the top?

a little over half inch at the top of the fender.

figure a 9" wide 0 offset wheel is pretty much flush at the top of the fender so add your offset to that.

skevac

Reaction score
a little over half inch at the top of the fender.

figure a 9" wide 0 offset wheel is pretty much flush at the top of the fender so add your offset to that.

I probably also need to factor in the section width of the tire? Which is 13". So is it safe to say with the offset and section width it's going to stick out 2.5 inches? Looking at running a 325/60/20.

skevac

Reaction score
I just went out and measured the tread width of the tires I'm going to be running. They measured 10.75". So if I am figuring this right the 1/2" offset of the wheel and the difference between the 9" width of the wheel and the 10.75" tread width (1.75") divide that in half (7/8") because half of the 1.75" would be on the inside and half on the outside. Add the 7/8" tread sticking out and the 1/2" wheel offset it's going to stick out roughly 1 1/2" right? Am I figuring it correctly?

Rubenk

Reaction score
10.75"-9"=1.75"/2 = 0.875" + 12mm = 1.34 inches sticking out on my quick napkin calculations that are probably off haha