Finally going to buy a real tuner

mharring

Reaction score
If got one of those cheap ***-R on in right now! Im going to buy a ******* or an H&S mini maxxx or an xrt pro. Any insight on any of these like pros and cons. Im not familiar enough with any of these to make a good informed decsion. Only thing i can think of is that the ******* looks better! Not a good reason to buy it

sootie

Reaction score
i personally love the mini maxx. A: it has shift of the fly B: it has safety defuel parameters C: it has custom tune capability (with mcc unlock) and lastly the canned tunes are by far the best out there.

XRT pro has the same tunes and tuning capability but is more plug and play rather than a dash mount.

There are other tuners out there such as the S partan and SCT.
S partan traditionally has not had custom tuning but i think there are doing that in the near future or may already be. Shift on the fly is not an option with them yet either.

SCT has chit canned tunes and no safetly defuels but lots of vendors custom tune that platform.

i have personally run all the platforms and pretty much keep coming back to H&S.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
I bought an SCT for mine. I picked it up very cheap, people are practically giving them away. A mini maxx would have been nicer to have, but I couldn't justify the money for one. You will have to get custom tunes like stated above, the canned tunes are worthless.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hit me up all tuners on sale starting tomorrow ! Feel free to call and I can walk you thru what's best for you !

Rubenk

Reaction score
You could always do a custom SCT tune, then pick up a cheap locked monitor, CTS or something.

f350guy

Reaction score
You could always do a custom SCT tune, then pick up a cheap locked monitor, CTS or something.

Exactly what I did... sub $500 into my SCT unit and Edge CS setup. Shop used, Edge released their CS2 and CTS2 recently so the earlier units are being given away by folks.

I agree that the H&S is a superior unit. For my needs, the SCT works just fine.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
I'll give the S partan flag a huge wave cause it has been awesome!!

The tunes that it comes with are a very wide selection right out of the box and custom tunes and shift on the fly are on the way.

It maybe a lil higher priced but your getting a premium product and there is no comparison.