2015 Backup Sensor Error

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
As it seems is always the case, I had an issue with my backup sensors pop up this afternoon. I was backing up to get my propane tank filled and I noticed that I didn't have the normal beeping and the radio didn't mute. There was a message popped up saying to check the backup sensors. I quick cleaned them with no luck. I'm going to check for loose connections quick. All else fails I can take it in under warranty, but I want to make sure that they don't charge me saying it's not covered.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat on my 14 though and I'm out of warranty. It shows me on my backup screen the one that isn't lighting up so I'm assuming that is the dead one. I tried cleaning them up and putting di-electric grease in the connections and no luck. Guess I'll find out how much they cost when I get around to the stealership.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I made an appointment for Monday and it should be under warranty. I get a couple quick beeps then nothing. I was going to try to unhook them one at a time, but I'm not sure if it will work with an open circuit. I wasn't able to get under and look though, they are in a tough spot to unplug.

JMart

Reaction score
Sometimes you can hear a click in them. Have someone put the truck in reverse and then put your ear to them one at a time. My 08 had them go off for no reason a lot.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well, as of yesterday, they were working again so I will cancel the appointment. If it acts up again I will have to get it to them. No point in paying for labor when it's not acting up and they can't duplicate it.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Sometimes you can hear a click in them. Have someone put the truck in reverse and then put your ear to them one at a time. My 08 had them go off for no reason a lot.

Is clicking normal or is that the way to determine which one is failing?

jbair14

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my '15 but unfortunately I'm out of warranty. They work when it has been raining out.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If they work in the rain, it's more than likely a corrosion issue at the plug in. Salt or something. The water is making the contact.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
They are working on and off, no rhyme or reason. When I get a chance I will check and clean them all.

When it doesn't come up with the check backup sensor error, does it actually light up on your backup screen? When mine would lift up dash saying there's an error, it still wouldn't light up on the backup screen. Bit the bullet and changed it...

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
When it doesn't come up with the check backup sensor error, does it actually light up on your backup screen? When mine would lift up dash saying there's an error, it still wouldn't light up on the backup screen. Bit the bullet and changed it...

My camera works fine regardless. I just get a message stating to check the system and no tones.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, it ended up being consistent enough to take in and they replaced a bad sensor under warranty. Short of grabbing a sensor and putting it in each spot to test I don't know how you can tell. I'm sure they can look with IDS, but that's not available to most of us.

gerber boy

Reaction score
thanks, tried buddies fancy scanner it it didnt show anything. im gonna pull one out of a friends truck and check all mine before buying a new one.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Put it in reverse with the truck off and the key and e-brake on. You should be able to hear the properly functioning sensors clicking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.