Gauge Recommendations

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Ok all...

Got a 2006, and I'm wanting to install a few set of gauges. I've been around long enough to know the basics, EGT's, Trans Temp, etc., etc. Just curious on what everyone thinks the most critical ones are. I'm thinking fuel pressure, along with Oil. The truck is stock, with a plug and play SCT tuner on it, since the EGR has been ******d. Not sure what series the SCT is, I'll have to get that information later when I get home.

I've got some time to figure out what gauges I should install, since the truck is now down (high pressure oil leak issue), but want to get the list together so I can start putting some money aside.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Fuel egt hpop boost

I suggest fuel, egt, and boost, then I would consider a monitor for the rest of the items, oil temp, coolant temp, ficm, ICP ect.

I run 3 gauges and a monitor in the red truck and it works well.

you could also run a monitor and get some expandable packs for it and monitor everything all in one spot.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
Fuel egt hpop boost

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks.

I suggest fuel, egt, and boost, then I would consider a monitor for the rest of the items, oil temp, coolant temp, ficm, ICP ect.

I run 3 gauges and a monitor in the red truck and it works well.

you could also run a monitor and get some expandable packs for it and monitor everything all in one spot.

How reliable are the monitors? I like the idea of the gauges due to them being mechanical, but would like to be able to see everything too at some point. Especially after I have it bulletproofed in a couple of years. What monitor system would you suggest? I've always been a huge SCT fan for Ford related items...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
sct is great for tuning, wouldn't recommend much else for a 6.0

as far as the monitors they are pretty decent, we go with the edge cs and cts, they are expandable meaning you can add mechanical sensors for fuel pressure, egts ect. they are pretty accurate.

let me know if you need pricing

crzycowboy

Reaction score
sct is great for tuning, wouldn't recommend much else for a 6.0

as far as the monitors they are pretty decent, we go with the edge cs and cts, they are expandable meaning you can add mechanical sensors for fuel pressure, egts ect. they are pretty accurate.

let me know if you need pricing

Sure thing, thanks. I'll keep that in mind!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I run trans temp, egt, boost, hpop and the pillar and fuel onthe column. The dash gauge for the trans is a stepper motor idiot gauge thats not real reliable. My trans can be 100 or 180 degrees and the gauge stays in the middle.

As far as a monitor, its not a bad idea, but if it gets hot where youre at, you need to cover it with something. My buddies would always go black in the summer until wed been driving for about 20min with the ac on, then it would come to life. He tinted all his windows and his windshield and it hasnt happened since.

slc6oh

Reaction score
cts2 with pyro and fuel psi add on.

prob about the same price as mechanical gauges at the end of it all too.

crzycowboy

Reaction score
cts2 with pyro and fuel psi add on.

prob about the same price as mechanical gauges at the end of it all too.

Yeah I was talking with a buddy of mine last night. He actually removed his gauges, and just runs a monitor right now.

shmoozer

Reaction score
There are certain things that I monitor that I prefer to be mechanical. Boost, fuel pressure and high pressure oil are the majors. Everything else I use my CTS for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
yeah, on a tuned truck boost and hpop wont read right.. so I jus watch icp voltage, I guess to just make sure its holding steady under load and not dropping..

boost I guess will also not read accurately. I should make about 35-40.. cts2 will max out at 28-30, so if I'm full throttle and see 28 I just assume I'm making all of the boost. lol

crzycowboy

Reaction score
So I guess than maybe start with the monitor, and as I "upgrade" the truck apply the mechanical gauges. I think I still want to install one for the HPOP, as I know those are problematic sometimes. Hmm.... Gonna have to do some more research.

slc6oh

Reaction score
So I guess than maybe start with the monitor, and as I "upgrade" the truck apply the mechanical gauges. I think I still want to install one for the HPOP, as I know those are problematic sometimes. Hmm.... Gonna have to do some more research.

can watch icp voltage on the cts2 (or cts) or prob whatever monitor, that will let you know things are healthy really.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
I know with the CTS2 I am gonna get an EGT probe but is that all I need and the monitor tells me everything else? Or what all does it tell me on its own? This diesel truck stuff is new to me lol....

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If you run an aftermarket turbo that will push over 30 psi, you will need a different map sensor that will read higehr. The factory one is maxxed out at 29 psi or so. And if you want to read fuel pressure, you will need an adapter for that as well. Other than that it will read everything else.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
If you run an aftermarket turbo that will push over 30 psi, you will need a different map sensor that will read higehr. The factory one is maxxed out at 29 psi or so. And if you want to read fuel pressure, you will need an adapter for that as well. Other than that it will read everything else.

Thanks buddy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.