PHP hydra 2001 into a 1995??

internationalthreat

Reaction score
I have the chance at getting a PHP hydra that came out of a 2001 7.3 truck. The problem is I have a 1995 7.3. Will this chip work or is it a pain to reburn?? Any info would be great thanks.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Just get it reburned, you'll probably do more damage than good. Im sure others on here will chime in with better reasons.

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

Bluke

Reaction score
Yes it will work. You will have to reburn it but you can do it your self. Just download the hydra flash program and upload the correct tunes yourself. 10 minutes and your done. I love the hydra.
Can't go wrong.

79jasper

Reaction score
Yup. Easy peasy.
May take longer than 10 minutes though. Lol
For complete install (for a first timer) I would say about a hour or so. Cleaning the pcm contacts is something to pay attention to. Don't go down to bare copper. I used qtips with alcohol and the green scotch-brite pad.
If it doesn't have one, I recommend getting the extension cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Download the hydra flash program. Then plug the download cable from the computer to the chip and plug the switch in. The usb port will power the chip and the switch willl illuminate. See if the hydra flash can access the chip and Then I would say it's a good buy.

heavydoc

Reaction score
Download the hydra flash program. Then plug the download cable from the computer to the chip and plug the switch in. The usb port will power the chip and the switch willl illuminate. See if the hydra flash can access the chip and Then I would say it's a good buy.

I second that.:whs:

Latest posts

Members online