Aluminum shavings in oil

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
IPR DC% should be increasing in order to increase ICP to the value commanded in your tuning.

I'm assuming it fires off during the period where you actually have some ICP?

If I'm late to the party, I apologize, didn't take time to review the entire thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It crackles/kicks for a moment then nothing.
I have plenty of ICP and the DC tracks with the ICP.
V-ref, if you have a moment to review this thread I would really appreciate your input.
Going to have the gf turn it over while I smell the exhaust for fuel today.

Tapatalking from a wind turbine

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Why is icp so high, I don't recall ours ever spiking that high to start. Did you ever just try unplugging the icp and seeing what it did? And data log that

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

The ICP spikes bc I am holding the starter and it's not starting.
Yes I pulled the ICP sensor pigtail and no change.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Heavy doc brought it up that it could be the ignition module under the steering column and it makes some sense.
Occasionally when I turn the key it does not engage the starter until I bump it a few times.
I swapped the relays around for the PCM and IDM with no change.
Come to think of it I really don't hear the injectors cackle when it has ICP during starting like it should.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Yes I have.
All buzz, no codes and all sound very similar with no real audible change.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/176806641

16f27230f7e13bd26870910efcae4b66.jpg

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
IPR voltage, HPOP gauge, AE ICP all track together.
Truck was running for 40+ mi when it quit so I don't really think I'm having a HPO issue.
I do not have a mechanical gauge.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
No oil coming out of injectors makes me wonder. I got a gauge if you want to use it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It might sound dumb but, take a plug out of the HPO Rez and make sure that oil is there and comes out while cranking. Just to make sure you got oil there.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not used to AE as I use IDS everyday, But I'm looking at your rpm reading, which is taken off the cam sensor. From what I can see it looks like you are loosing the cam signal? Do you always have an rpm reading when cranking? Do you loose rpm signal before it dies? If it drops straight to '0' then dies that would be an indication. It would be awesome if you could scope the cam sensor as I think your problem lies there. No cam reading = no injector firing. I read back through the whole thread and realized this engine was recently re assembled and you also had to replace a cam sensor. Could possibly be the cam gear walking on the cam or wiring from the sensor to the PCM.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Saying it was driving 40+ and shut off makes me wonder now. Had a friends truck do the same thing, just like you shut the key off and wouldn't start. Figure cps so put a new one in, still nothing. Put the scanner on it, no hpo pressure. Figure an o ring let loose, to happen like that. Nope, swapped ipr fired right up ran fine. First case that I've heard of an ipr going out driving down the road. Maybe you've tried that, I didn't read back thru.

Latest posts

Members online