RCSB thread.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
22k just posted mine up
357CB8DE-685D-4BA2-A724-5B40ADAAAE57_zpslhvnlmce.jpg

My favorite RCSB to date. Very well done.

03mm

Reaction score
Few pics after I washed it with the Chemical Guys Satin/Matte soap and detailer the other day.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 196
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 182

farm boy

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how much to cut out of the stock driveshaft?

Or possibly give me a measurement of their new driveshaft from center of cap to cap (on U-Joint)?

Thanks in advance

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how much to cut out of the stock driveshaft?

Or possibly give me a measurement of their new driveshaft from center of cap to cap (on U-Joint)?

Thanks in advance
I can bring mine by and let you take measurements in a couple of days if you haven't already got it done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

farm boy

Reaction score
I had the measurements written down somewhere. Let me see if I can find them again. If not I can just go measure mine for you..

Cool Thank You

I can bring mine by and let you take measurements in a couple of days if you haven't already got it done

No biggie. I can take the measurement once I get it tacked back together. If I already have the measurement I can go ahead and drop the driveshaft and take it to the driveshaft shop to be shortened while I'm working on the rest of the truck to save myself some time.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Cool Thank You

No biggie. I can take the measurement once I get it tacked back together. If I already have the measurement I can go ahead and drop the driveshaft and take it to the driveshaft shop to be shortened while I'm working on the rest of the truck to save myself some time.
Sounds good. If you need a hand let me know, I'm down for cutting up a truck lol

imelmo

Reaction score
Well I bought mine back. It's at Marty's Diesel right now getting some gears put in, then it's going to Eric at Inn0vative to see if he can figure the trans issue out and do some dyno tuning. If we can't get the trans figured out it'll be going back to Truck Source Diesel for a 4R swap.

Probably going to get it re-wrapped too. The guy that I had sold it to said he had left it out in the snow or something and the roof and hood pieces are cracked, plus I'm going to put the power doors off the Fordota's donor truck on it.

0F7197F6-94A2-44E5-B4A0-7A2469F46F22_zpsscgznm1q.jpg

farm boy

Reaction score
What year model F-150 fuel tanks will fit under my shorty? And will I be able to use my same sending unit?
Thanks in advance.

JMart

Reaction score
What year model F-150 fuel tanks will fit under my shorty? And will I be able to use my same sending unit?
Thanks in advance.

what is wrong with using a short bed f250 tank?

No your sending unit will not work. I had to mod mine to work with a shortbed 250 tank

Super Diesel

Reaction score

No your sending unit will not work. I had to mod mine to work with a shortbed 250 tank

I'm assuming his shorty is 4WD, if so - the F250 fuel tank won't fit. He'll need to use the fuel tank from a RCSB 4WD F150. I don't remember the years, but I think any of them will be fine.

The sending unit that comes with the F150 tank will work, they operate on the same ohms.

imelmo

Reaction score
Actually we used a 6.7 tank in mine. gracing would ha e to give you the details of its install though.

farm boy

Reaction score

Just having a hard time finding a short bed tank out of an f-250. I found a f-150 short bed tank today. Hopefully it works out.
Thanks

I'm assuming his shorty is 4WD, if so - the F250 fuel tank won't fit. He'll need to use the fuel tank from a RCSB 4WD F150. I don't remember the years, but I think any of them will be fine.

The sending unit that comes with the F150 tank will work, they operate on the same ohms.

Thanks for the info.
It's a 2wd FYI. Did you just pull the fuel pump part off of the 150 sending unit?

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
Just having a hard time finding a short bed tank out of an f-250. I found a f-150 short bed tank today. Hopefully it works out.
Thanks

Thanks for the info.
It's a 2wd FYI. Did you just pull the fuel pump part off of the 150 sending unit?

got mine for $100 at a junk yard.

farm boy

Reaction score
I finally got mine far enough along to post up. its still ugly as it needs some dings fixed and a paint job, but it passes the 50/50 rule.
Haven't had a chance to clean her up since it wont stop raining here in SE Texas.

Attachments

• post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 145
  • post3.jpg
    post3.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 135
  • post4.jpg
    post4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 140
  • post5.jpg
    post5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 143
  • post6.jpg
    post6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 164

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I finally got mine far enough along to post up. its still ugly as it needs some dings fixed and a paint job, but it passes the 50/50 rule.
Haven't had a chance to clean her up since it wont stop raining here in SE Texas.

Looks good, is that stock height?

Latest posts

Members online