New to me 96 7.3 problems

outlawpowerstroke

Reaction score
Ok I'll start by introducing my self kinda.im grant im still in high school on my senior year I cut hay to pay for my toys.im not new to the diesel world I mean this is my 4th one(still have um all) any way I just bought a 96 lifted extended cab short bed powerstroke f250 d60 swap with a zf5 and 3 inch dp to a full 5 inch straight pipe.anyway it knocks.i did buy it this way but for the price I couldn't resist.im not sure what kinda knock it is wether fuel or rod I have pulled the vc off and been playing with the injectors but no luck
8344654980d810802dc2f61dd36282bb.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Golddigger

Reaction score
My brother in law got his hot and it has knocked louder than that for years. He's got over 490k on it

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Sounds like injector knock to me? sounds very similar when my injectors went. Blow by out of the oil fill? any smoke? does it start fine?

Reaction score
Are all the injectors spitting the same amount of oil out of the oil discharge spouts? If one is less than the rest, ohm out the solenoid (3-4 ohms) and check the wiring. You could also remove the solenoid and make sure the poppet screw under the solenoid is tight. Cheers!

outlawpowerstroke

Reaction score
Not very much smoke but you can tell it's missing I just can't find which injector is knocking.ive unplugged um 1 by 1 and no flood damage and they seem to all be putting out the same

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pull all the pushrods and make sure they are straight as an arrow! i wouldn't think rocker bolts would break but rocker arms have been known to crack and break..

live life full throttle

Reaction score
If you do pull the pushrods, clock the motor to the 11 o'clock position (pointer on CPS). This provides a drain path for the oil so the lifters don't "jack" (pump up) due to residual oil pressure. Cheers!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You feel like taking the glow plugs out and seeing if the Pistons all come up to the same height?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.