Replacement Rear View Camera?

genie144

Reaction score
I'm considering removing my tailgate which has the OEM camera in the handle. I'll be looking for a quality replacement. Has anyone removed the factory and wired an aftermarket into the factory system?

Sam

Wildman

Reaction score
I'm considering removing my tailgate which has the OEM camera in the handle. I'll be looking for a quality replacement. Has anyone removed the factory and wired an aftermarket into the factory system?

Sam

What year is the vehicle?

The camera systems on 2011 and later models run off of a LIN bus. That means the camera and Body Control Module (BCM) communicate with each other over a private network. The only camera that will work is the OEM camera.

Wildman

Reaction score

Sam
2010 models do not have a LIN bus. The camera receives hot in start/run power from the SJB and a constant ground. The video signals are sent on 2 circuits to the rear view mirror or the Audio Control Module (ACM), if you have Navigation. The camera also has a grounded "shield" circuit to prevent interference in the video image. If you could find and aftermarket camera that works on power/ground/shield and 2 video circuits, it might be possible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.