01 7.3 no start

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
All right guys this one has me stumped its a buddies truck he came home parked it ran fine came back out the next morning with a no start. I changed cps swapped idm with good one. he had his scanner on it before I got there and said it would build ICP with the sensor unplugged but nothing plugged in so swapped the ICP sensor as well. I didn't get a chance to put the scanner back on after the sensor swap I'll do that tomorrow but still no start no smoke from the exhaust and no tach movement. the no tach movement made me think the new cps was bad so I took the one out of my personal truck I was driving swapped it in same story. still no start but why no tach movement bad wires maybe? wts light comes on no cel or codes any ideas need to get this going.

mandkole

Reaction score
fuel pump is running and you have pressure confirmation? Check IPR plug, stamped nut and magnet. If its suddenly not building ICP, then move to the IPR-- if its not working, its allowing ICP to drain.

Its possible to have a bad new CPS and plenty of guys have complained of aftermarket units. Ford or Intl CPS only. (Bad CPS often throws a code)

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You said it built no ICP with the ICP sensor plugged in, correct? If so, that is likely your problem. It should always give an ICP reading with the sensor unplugged, as that is a default value. However, the injectors actually need to see 500psi of ICP to fire, so even though you are getting the default reading of ICP, the truck will never fire if there is not enough actual pressure.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
ICP sensor was swapped with one off a running truck along with the cps I pulled the cps out of my truck and put his in mine mine fires up and runs fine fuel is getting to the bowl IPR nut is on and tight and its plugged in so we're thinking IPR valve

mandkole

Reaction score
it happens. When the PO had my truck, he made a good dyno pull and as he was removing it from the dyno, it died with no ICP and would not restart. IPR suddenly went dead--new IPR and back in business.

JHILL

Reaction score
it happens. When the PO had my truck, he made a good dyno pull and as he was removing it from the dyno, it died with no ICP and would not restart. IPR suddenly went dead--new IPR and back in business.

^^^ goes back a few years lol

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I see this hasn't been updated in a few days, so hope yall don't mind me Hi jacking the thread.

Same thing happened to me. Put about 100 miles on my truck on a Saturday. Came out Sunday and it wouldn't start. I crossed the solenoid on the passenger side fender and it fired right up. I went a head and replaced that solenoid. Didn't work. A buddy suggested it could possibly be the neutral safety switch. Could be the battery cables. I'm not really sure what order to start looking at things. Truck runs fine with no issues, it just won't start by the ignition. All the blade fuses are good. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Jomax

Reaction score
Put Foot On Brake and See If It Starts IN Neutral.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online