2012 F350 alarm goes off when I remote start

Junkie

Reaction score
Hit lock twice, then the remote start button. All is normal until the truck starts, then the alarm starts going off. Do I just have something setup wrong?

CurtisF

Reaction score
Factory, the remote where you press lock then the remote start button twice.

Is the alarm aftermarket or Ford? What you described there is just the OEM remote start. That is not an alarm.

Ford only puts a perimeter alarm on their vehicles in production. The perimeter alarm only activates when a dome light is turned on (i.e. opening a door).

You can add an alarm, either aftermarket or a Ford kit, that will include a shock sensor. If the shock sensor is set too sensitive, a remote start could trigger the alarm. Look under the dash for an alarm system installed and try turning down the shock sensor sensitivity. That should fix the problem.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Factory, the remote where you press lock then the remote start button twice.

alarm ? or a honk ? if so it means you have a code. remote start doesnt work when you have a code.

Junkie

Reaction score
It honks once, then the alarm goes off after it starts. At least it starts honking its ass off

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Is your "hood closed sensor" under the hood messed up or broken? A buddies 15 platinum did this after installing a delete. We accidently rubbed against it and ruined the sensor. Took to ford and thats what the issue was. His remote start didnt work and the alarm would go off when it was faulty and broken

Wildman

Reaction score
No, I haven't found the solution yet. Everyone just wants to add another alarm to it which isn't what I want to do.

Add another alarm?? I don't understand.

So you said the remote start system is Ford OE, what about the alarm system?? Most Ford vehicles don't even have a perimeter alarm, so in many cases they are aftermarket junk, which of course causes problems such as this.

Latest posts

Members online