Freightliner FL80 Questions/Build

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Check you state laws, weight and cargo of the truck alone may require a class B license (No trailer) which is a cdl here in Arizona and requires every 2 year ADOT med screening, also the brakes if air, also put you in class B here. There are other things that go with a truck that is class A or B such as required daily equipment inspections logs.

I had a class B Cdl driving FL 50-60-70's. I don't recommend just buying with out really researching your state laws (where it's going to be registered).

That being said Truck are dead balls reliable even in the running all day in the Az summer heat with big loads. Got about 9mpg with the Allison auto, have huge tanks

Playing dumb CAN get super expensive (way more than a passenger vehicle ticket, think in the area of 2500.00 per violation or impound) in a hurry if your stopped by a Comercial vehicle inspector LEO, a Motor officer or DPS.

smcox1

Reaction score
Playing dumb CAN get super expensive (way more than a passenger vehicle ticket, think in the area of 2500.00 per violation or impound) in a hurry if your stopped by a Comercial vehicle inspector LEO, a Motor officer or DPS.

Holy ****! I still haven't found a truck but I'm expanding my search into the m2 business class with the Mercedes engine as that is pretty much the same exact shape as the sport chassis trucks. Anyways while I was picking up some new furniture I had to go to their warehouse and they had 4 or 5 m2 box trucks in the back with dot numbers and registered under 26,000 pounds written on the doors I'm assuming that way anybody can drive them? But exactly what does a DOT number do for you?

87jumpy

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433380454.339066.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433380472.198946.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433380488.237970.jpg

Picked this rig up today

87jumpy

Reaction score
Please say it's a 444e if it's the 466 it's a gutless wonder! However the 466 is super reliable

It's a 466 with an Allison automatic. We have a 444e in a service truck and it's not a big power house in stock form either

ghohouston

Reaction score
Considering it's probably got a dt466e, with the same heui injection system, same cps to fail, etc, I doubt there's much difference. Fuel system is the only thing that comes to mind really.

Latest posts

Members online