Timing

torque beast

Reaction score
Is there any harm in raising the timing in the 2 locations I have circled? Stock shows it peaks then falls off. I have made several to get rid of that and runs good but am fixin to start towing a lot and wonder if I should lower it back?

Stock
4a3c4a665945d7ada4dca67d7ebec39c.jpg

Modified
b72250779e40c3df938358c70fedc153.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
Not sure but it is at the 1600 full throttle where it drops to the lowest. The other is part throttle high rpms

torque beast

Reaction score
Is there for a reason.

Would you explain? I can see the full throttle at low rpm needing less timing but why low fuel high rpm? If you would rather pm me that would be fine. Just don't want to tear anything up when I start towing heavy

pdumont01

Reaction score
Or maybe to be easier on transmission?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
I figure the full throttle dip is there for passing/down shifting when floored. The high rpm low fuel to me would be coasting down a hill?

torque beast

Reaction score
I put it back like stock until I get confirmation. With peak torque numbers it looks like they hit it less than full fuel. Also peak horsepower at 2800 then falls off

golfer

Reaction score
I figure the full throttle dip is there for passing/down shifting when floored. The high rpm low fuel to me would be coasting down a hill?

high rpm w/ low commanded fueling would be revving it in park/neutral..or running a manually selected low gear/low range condition but not at full pedal.

torque beast

Reaction score
I thought about that but I will check tonight but did not think I could get those rpms at that throttle input

golfer

Reaction score
I thought about that but I will check tonight but did not think I could get those rpms at that throttle input

"fueling" isn't jusssst related to pedal position...since pretty much every electronically controlled diesel will have some reference to boost/MAP pressure...

you could almost certainly confirm this by monitoring injector pulse width and rail pressure at "WOT" in park/neutral...and go blast up a big hill at WOT...and compare PW and RP.

torque beast

Reaction score
"fueling" isn't jusssst related to pedal position...since pretty much every electronically controlled diesel will have some reference to boost/MAP pressure...

you could almost certainly confirm this by monitoring injector pulse width and rail pressure at "WOT" in park/neutral...and go blast up a big hill at WOT...and compare PW and RP.

I see what your are saying, fuel will be different depending on load

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.