Turbo discussion thread

RSK

Reaction score
Sarcastic young grasshopper. We are being sarcastic.

tough to tell in a few situations, some powerstroke and even cummins guys only know what they drive, not everybody know's a little or a lot in some cases about all the big diesels, and there potential. anyways more turbo...pius builds one hel1 of a setup, if you need a magic trick for your truck a turbo or two from pius at bell turbo are the answer.

Steve's_sauce

Reaction score
I got a question, been running a s375 with 1.10 a/r on stock fuel liked the set up ran good. Recently put duel k16s and 100% over injectors with an airdog and elites upgrade for it. Took it to the track expecting big numbers. Was only able to get 10.2 In 1/8 mile on fuel and 9.3 1/8th mile with 300 shot of nitrous. Should swap turbos for a s475? And if so what size a/r should I get 1.1 again?

Reaction score
I got a question, been running a s375 with 1.10 a/r on stock fuel liked the set up ran good. Recently put duel k16s and 100% over injectors with an airdog and elites upgrade for it. Took it to the track expecting big numbers. Was only able to get 10.2 In 1/8 mile on fuel and 9.3 1/8th mile with 300 shot of nitrous. Should swap turbos for a s475? And if so what size a/r should I get 1.1 again?

Are you a little mistaken? A s375? Maybe an s371?

Either way, this is what I tell people time and time again, a 366 billet is max on stock fuel. Anything larger is a waste and drives terrible.

Just because someone has a 71-72mm drop in doesn't mean they will loose power going to a 66mm single. The s366 flows as much or more than most modded factory compounds.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Are you a little mistaken? A s375? Maybe an s371?

Either way, this is what I tell people time and time again, a 366 billet is max on stock fuel. Anything larger is a waste and drives terrible.

Just because someone has a 71-72mm drop in doesn't mean they will loose power going to a 66mm single. The s366 flows as much or more than most modded factory compounds.

What would be your rec. for a single with 100% nozzles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Steve's_sauce

Reaction score
Running gearhead tunes (which were set up for stock fuel when I ran it at the track), turbo shouldn't be toast the thing is pretty much new. Am I'm running it in a single set up not compounds.

Reaction score
Who makes a 375?

Idk, that would be new to me.

What would be your rec. for a single with 100% nozzles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Probably a 72-80mm range single.

S475 I would guess

It's a pretty good all around turbo when built right.

Are you sure it's a 75mm turbo? I don't see that thing lighting on stock fuel. Especially with a 1.10 ar

Nope. Tyler has a 472 on stock fuel and he says it's not recommended unless your planning on more fuel in the very near future. All the guys who have ran 371's on stock fuel that I've talked to tend to agree. Most of them have changed to a different turbo by now.

Steve's_sauce

Reaction score
Ok so I should run a s475 with my fuel setup(dual pumps 100% nozzles)?what size a/r? I don't really tow anything which is the main reason I decided the single route.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
There is such thing as an S375, but I'd say you have some tuning issues going on for one. Secondly its probably not the best turbo for a stock fueled daily driver.

I run an S371 and other than the extra power it drives no different than the S366 I had before it.

stroker221

Reaction score
I'm thinkin bout goin with s475/87-1.0 dual k16 and 60's just tryin to decide to have build it.. But can't wait!!

Latest posts

Members online