EC/LB Motor Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
sounds like a nice build, can't wait to see pictures!

Hopefully Nate can get some up eventually. I know they are busy so im trying to be patient but its hard lol. Pretty much all the parts minus the pistons got ordered last monday so most should be showing up this week or already have showed up. Hopefully we will see them soon on here!

militant83

Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet build and a great looking truck, Nate and the guys at UDP have done a lot of the motor work on my truck outside of the bolt on stuff I was able to do. They are a great group of guys to deal with.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Off topic but if you haven't you should check out UDPs shop truck 7.3 build... B E A utiful motor work. Ben went all out on that thing

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet build and a great looking truck, Nate and the guys at UDP have done a lot of the motor work on my truck outside of the bolt on stuff I was able to do. They are a great group of guys to deal with.

They have been very helpful so far, Nate probably hates me for how many times I've called him with some random question. lol

Off topic but if you haven't you should check out UDPs shop truck 7.3 build... B E A utiful motor work. Ben went all out on that thing

Seen it. Its nasty. Last time I was up there I saw their shop 6.0 dually. I know 6.0's have the famous jet turbine sounding turbos but their shop truck sounds like a legit jumbo jet at idle :shocked: . Whole different level of turbo whistle

They have a few nice builds, Nates drag truck and his wife's truck they just built are very nice as well. But yes Ben's motor is sick as well.

Agreed! :whs:

Only two? ;)

They don't count you Josh:flipa:

Josh, when is your truck going be done? You need to do a motor build or some big turbos or something. I need another 6.4 close to me to race haha. 22's look good but don't make it any faster lol

Back on track, Motor and heads are at machine shop being surfaced and what ever other magic is being performed. Most of the parts are ordered in, actual motor assembly should start next week. Still have to do piston mockup to figure out how much material will need to come off the top of the new pistons which will be coming from Morgan @ Midwest. I added an ICON 2.5" Kit to my build with 4" rear blocks and the adjustable track bar. My 325's rub just a tiny bit and my next set of wheels will be 12 wides so this ICON addition should remedy that.

militant83

Reaction score
I'd like to rebuild my motor at some point hopefully I don't have to do out of need though.. Once the central Ohio guy's trucks are back up and running and the weather is warmer we will all have to meet up sometime.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Lmao that 6.0 dually... we took it to Roosters for lunch one day when I went down to pick up my minimaxx.

Sounds like some good progress dude. Waiting sucks but it's fun when stuff starts going together.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Update!

Still no pics :eek: Nate is too busy to post them he claims haha

Had an issue with The Colt Stage 2, had to send it back. Will probably be going with Elite 1x cam now. Heads and block are back from machine shop. Pistons have been ordered from Morgan @ Midwest. Hellwig Sway bars front & rear have been added, they are on order from XDP. Motor is looking to be assembled by the end of the month, maybe first week of April once everything is back from being balanced and by then the least few parts should have arrived. Now my choice for the future is what 3-link to do, and if i want to get brand name traction bars. PMF or OUO are obvious choices. I haven't decided which yet and I'm not going to start a pissing match about it either(for the 20th time on here it would seem).

The more important decision is what tire (thinking either Toyo or Nitto, not sure if I'd want MT or AT) do I want to run for my soon to be new American Force 22's. Either Independence's or Rebel SS8! :joy: And do I want 10 wides or 12 wides? lol decisions, decisions.....

militant83

Reaction score
Update!

Had an issue with The Colt Stage 2, had to send it back. Will probably be going with Elite 1x cam now. Heads and block are back from machine shop. Pistons have been ordered from Morgan @ Midwest. Hellwig Sway bars front & rear have been added, they are on order from XDP. Motor is looking to be assembled by the end of the month, maybe first week of April once everything is back from being balanced and by then the least few parts should have arrived. Now my choice for the future is what 3-link to do, and if i want to get brand name traction bars. PMF or OUO are obvious choices. I haven't decided which yet and I'm not going to start a pissing match about it either(for the 20th time on here it would seem).

The more important decision is what tire (thinking either Toyo or Nitto, not sure if I'd want MT or AT) do I want to run for my soon to be new American Force 22's. Either Independence's or Rebel SS8! :joy: And do I want 10 wides or 12 wides? lol decisions, decisions.....

I got a set of OUOs from Nate and they are great. He had those in stock when my truck was there last. Flight Fabrication which is an Ohio based company makes some nice ones as well. That's what I was going to go with before my wife surprised me with the OUOs from Nate.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Update!

Dude Jared was selling his AF 22s still unopened in the box you should hit him up if they haven't sold yet!

and on tires... I have Toyo MTs but eventually will be switching to the Toyo AT2 or Nitto Terra Grappler G2. I prefer all terrains but i went with MTs because they were in stock and not back ordered 6 weeks when I tried to get Terra Grapplers. :toast:

militant83

Reaction score
You can also get a hold of Troy up at Xtown Performance I know he stocks a lot of wheels and tires and from what I've seen has pretty good deals. Or there is also an MHT tire and wheel somewhere around Columbus.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I got a set of OUOs from Nate and they are great. He had those in stock when my truck was there last. Flight Fabrication which is an Ohio based company makes some nice ones as well. That's what I was going to go with before my wife surprised me with the OUOs from Nate.

Yeah... for this reason is why I'm leaning toward OUO becuase UDP is a dealer for them.

Dude Jared was selling his AF 22s still unopened in the box you should hit him up if they haven't sold yet!
and on tires... I have Toyo MTs but eventually will be switching to the Toyo AT2 or Nitto Terra Grappler G2. I prefer all terrains but i went with MTs because they were in stock and not back ordered 6 weeks when I tried to get Terra Grapplers. :toast:

Jared from RCD? What model rims were they and how wide?

You can also get a hold of Troy up at Xtown Performance I know he stocks a lot of wheels and tires and from what I've seen has pretty good deals. Or there is also an MHT tire and wheel somewhere around Columbus.

Oh I'm going with Forces no matter what. Tires I have taken care of. A local small tire shop down the street always takes care of me. They literally have the best tire prices ive ever seen and nobody can ever bet their prices, I cant even find better prices on the interwebz better than what they can get tire $ for me. So that's handled. Plus they are right next to Firepunk Diesel who are dealers for AF so it will work out well. I just need to decide, Toyo R/T, Toyo M/T, Toyo AT2 or Nitto TG. Lol. I hate choices :cursing:. I should probably do an MT as the truck will see a lot of mud on construction jobsites and being that I live in bumf*** nowhere it would make sense...Idk ha

Latest posts

Members online