BD Diesel 6.4 Tap Shifter?

JDub

Reaction score
Just got done with the install. Took about 2 hrs to do the tapshifter and exhaust brake module, including time for pictures. Was a super simple install. Everything was perfect, harnesses were perfect lengths.

Initial test drive proved it all worked as advertised. Manual shift 1-5 no problem. Every 6.4 should have this!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Just got done with the install. Took about 2 hrs to do the tapshifter and exhaust brake module, including time for pictures. Was a super simple install. Everything was perfect, harnesses were perfect lengths.

Initial test drive proved it all worked as advertised. Manual shift 1-5 no problem. Every 6.4 should have this!

Videos?

JDub

Reaction score
Seemed fine. Downshift or up shifts almost instantly. Maybe 1/2 second delay, doubt even that.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Nice! Now I wish I'd ordered one when the price was down! Gonna be a while before I drop 500 on one! Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

travisH3

Reaction score
Id prolly have bought one at the $300 price range but at $500 that's almost a months payment on a 6.7 that comes from the factory with one lol

sootie

Reaction score
how do you force the TC to lock?

does it screw up line pressure and slip time settings on the trans tune?

997.3psdiesel

Reaction score
If you have custom tunes does it override the trans tuning all the time or only when you activate it by pressing the - button?

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Got mine working perfect, just had to change up the wire I tapped into the first time. In mode 6 to comment lock up in 4-5 you hit the tow haul button other wise it stays unlocked if you have the tap shifter on, if its off then everything is the same as before you installed it. Later today I will try it with the 4 low and see if it works.

DWhite

Reaction score
Got mine working perfect, just had to change up the wire I tapped into the first time. In mode 6 to comment lock up in 4-5 you hit the tow haul button other wise it stays unlocked if you have the tap shifter on, if its off then everything is the same as before you installed it. Later today I will try it with the 4 low and see if it works.

How quickly does it respond as far as down and upshifting? Posthis some videos using it if you could.

tbsimmons

Reaction score

If I am understanding this correctly, if the Tapshifter is engaged the TC wont be locked in anything other than 4th or 5th. Or it wont be locked without towhaul mode selected.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.