Body mounts

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Kf04050bf I wanna say? It's on their website if you search it under the 2008-2010 Ford F-250/350 trucks, It is smaller height wise but does not compress like the oem ones do. The only gripe I have is they are smaller and the slotted hole is bigger on the chassis than the mount so when it's installed initially it will slide around, once torqued down though they don't move. I couldn't replace my 3rd from the rear on both sides so I left them installed, I greased the cab mounts cab and reinstalled them with antisieze on the bolts so they won't be a bitch to remove when I need to again. Hope this answers your questions, I did one side at a time and torqued it then moved to the other, the truck was on the ground the entire time. I used a 3 ton floor jack and a 4x4 that was 4 ft long to raise the cab close to the mount I was replacing. With the exception of the front two nuts that decided to spin everything was easy. Don't use an impact like everyone suggests.

You sure you meant Energy and not Daystar? That looks like a Daystar part #, energy is #.#### usually, Daystar is two letters, 5 numbers two letters.

Looks like Daystar has pulled them off the site too, at least I can't find them under 2008 F350 right now. Good to know you had luck with them though, thanks!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Guy stay away from the Dorman mounts for a while. I've been going back and forth with their tech guys and they messed up on the rubber stiffness. They need to go back and redesign them. So they're sending me all new ones to return back to my local store. Then I'll be buying all new ones from ford. Nothing bad to say about them. Their tech guys were more then happy to help out and they're glad I called in with this issue. Now they can get it right.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've done a few Daystar kits, no issues and everything lined up. The frame pockets do have a bigger hole in them but once everything is lined up and torqued its not and issue.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I've done a few Daystar kits, no issues and everything lined up. The frame pockets do have a bigger hole in them but once everything is lined up and torqued its not and issue.

Is this likely the size difference they were discussing in the other thread on these? Thanks!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Is this likely the size difference they were discussing in the other thread on these? Thanks!

That and the mounts are physically shorter than the stock ones, but the stock ones compact with the weight of the cab where the Daystar ones do not. Once installed you never know, body lines line up pefectly.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
That and the mounts are physically shorter than the stock ones, but the stock ones compact with the weight of the cab where the Daystar ones do not. Once installed you never know, body lines line up pefectly.

Great thanks Eric! Are you guys liking the Kevlar or just the Poly? What's your price on them? Snail mail to Canada is likely fine for me, had enough border trips not saving money.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Great thanks Eric! Are you guys liking the Kevlar or just the Poly? What's your price on them? Snail mail to Canada is likely fine for me, had enough border trips not saving money.

Haven't used the reg poly ones myself yet, just the kevlar poly ones. So far so good with them, the reg poly ones I believe are 169.99 and the kevlar / poly ones are 229.99 IIRC.

Latest posts

Members online