H&S 6.4 single install and review

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Will throwing a turbo in front of the 64 loss the awesome turbo
Sound.

Different motor but here is some very similar charger in trip format...

th_dudenmpg.mp4
[/URL][/IMG]

th_BoostVideos008.mp4
[/URL][/IMG]

travisH3

Reaction score
That's the baddest plow truck I've ever seen.
We ended up with a foot of snow here how much did you all get?

haha thanks. we got about 3", the storm went south of us. places in ky got almost 16". i like the couple inch snows. those are the money makers. easy to push, and quick to do.

travisH3

Reaction score
cranked up the tune and rolled into it and broke the tires loose. so I think the power is there it just takes alot of throttle. ive driven quite a few of non vgt 6.0's and you barely give it throttle and it seems like they just want to take off. thats kinda what i was expecting with this but maybe the 6.4 reacts to singles a little differently? fuel mileage is down right now but Ill know more once I get to do steady driving on it.

Autoguns

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, one day I'll have a single in my 450 but first I need to go into the motor next week.
I sure hope it not the lifters or cam ...

travisH3

Reaction score
who's tuning the truck?

mine? i tried gearhead from the get-go but they were terrible and after asking around i found out that gearheads engine files for singles turbo'd trucks all suck. something about the fuel being pulled back to keep it from smoking. i switched to h&s mcc files that are designed for their turbo and it runs better. id still like to try other tuning and see what else i could get out of it power wise and hopefully get some mpg back. surprisingly on H&S files the truck is still pretty much smokeless which is good. when i was playing on the back roads and did WOT it smoked a little bit but wasnt bad. very streetable.

Nick284

Reaction score
byall is good, im happy. or id try innovative because i think they tune all MPD trucks? enless im wrong. but i know for a fact with either people i just said you'l love the truck. mine was "lazy" then i went with byall and i like it alot more

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Im looking to add a 6.4 to my toy list here soon and this is the turbo setup I've been planning on going with.

Sweet!! Let us know if you have any question's........ We just returned from the ATS dyno event in Denver pulling the 36' enclosed race trailer with the lightning in it. The old 6.4 with our single kit on it is a towing monster up and over the Rocky Mountains. Up those grade's at 75 mph at 1100 degrees on the pyro. First time towing with that big of a load at high altitude's. I'll see if I can get a pic of the set up on today in our vendor forum so I don't derail this one......Thanks.

Last edited:

getstroked27

Reaction score
Sweet!! Let us know if you have any question's........ We just returned from the ATS dyno event in Denver pulling the 36' enclosed race trailer with the lightning in it. The old 6.4 with our single kit on it is a towing monster up and over the Rocky Mountains. Up those grade's at 75 mph at 1100 degrees on the pyro. First time towing with that big of a load at high altitude's. I'll see if I can get a pic of the set up on today in our vendor forum so I don't derail this one......Thanks.

Wish i could have made that event!!!! had to stay here and man the fort at alligator though. i can also attest to the towing capabilities of this kit towing a trailer/ truck from chicago to new jersey and back last summer.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Wish i could have made that event!!!! had to stay here and man the fort at alligator though. i can also attest to the towing capabilities of this kit towing a trailer/ truck from chicago to new jersey and back last summer.

It was a quick last minute trip for us as well......Like I said, a little load up and over the Rockies.....It was a pulling machine:)

Attachments

• 6.4.jpg
    6.4.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 161

Latest posts

Members online