Body mounts

BeauxPete

Reaction score
Have my cab up for my build and want to replace my stock body mounts. Have any of you changed yours to aftermarket? If so was it a difference maker and what brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBottoms

Reaction score
Dorman makes some for about half the price of OEM and are of a similar design and quality. Daystar makes a poly set but they don't seem to have a good rep as far as size/fit.

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
I tried to find the Dorman mounts locally but with no luck. I ordered them off Amazon. I think that Dorman only make the front 2 positions, not the whole set you'd need if you're replacing them all. I'm hope someone else who knows more about this and will chime in.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Dorman makes some for about half the price of OEM and are of a similar design and quality. Daystar makes a poly set but they don't seem to have a good rep as far as size/fit.

Daystars are far from "factory fit" but will work. I personally like stuff to fit well, and these did not satisfy me.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I have a complete set of Dorman mounts for my truck waiting to go in. Got them from a local auto parts store. Found them on Dormans website under the dealer section. I went with them cause they're not foam rubber like the factories. Two different part numbers for the rad support mounts and can mounts

CAT35niner

Reaction score
924-065 radiator support mount position 1
924-066 body mount positions 2-3

f350guy

Reaction score
Will the cab mount part number from Dorman cover all of the cab ones? I am reading two different things here in the thread.

If so, are these a solid rubber type of mount?

Thanks

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I was told the cab mounts are all the same. So I ordered four. Just by looking at the ones on the truck I see no difference. But I might be wrong. I'll find out soon. And they're rubber mounts.

hashim

Reaction score
I replaced my body mounts with the energy suspension ones. They are smaller but don't compress like the stock foam ones. A slide hammer and penetrating lube gets most of them well. The front two were the worst since they were rusted but after heating them up a bit and using a slide hammer they came out. I regressed the inner portions and cleaned them up with a wire wheel then greased them as well as the upper metal piece that site between the mount and the frame. So far the truck drives great, no squeaks, wierd noises or clunking. Good luck with your install. Do one side at a time jacking up close to each mount will give enough room to replace them.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I replaced my body mounts with the energy suspension ones. They are smaller but don't compress like the stock foam ones. A slide hammer and penetrating lube gets most of them well. The front two were the worst since they were rusted but after heating them up a bit and using a slide hammer they came out. I regressed the inner portions and cleaned them up with a wire wheel then greased them as well as the upper metal piece that site between the mount and the frame. So far the truck drives great, no squeaks, wierd noises or clunking. Good luck with your install. Do one side at a time jacking up close to each mount will give enough room to replace them.

What Energy part #'s did you use?
So you did yours on the ground, corner by corner?
Did you have leaking radiator issues before or how did you get to the body mount repair?

Thanks!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Well guys Dormans are installed and I'll say stay away from them til I get this all sorted out. The installation went smoothly. When torquing the new ones the lower rubber bushing squeezed over the metal washer. All torqued in a crisscross pattern to 75ftlbs. And now the cab is sitting uneven. Body lines are not even close. So I called them today and talked to a guy in tech support and explained the situation. He responded with "we do not offer a body mount for position three at this time". But that doesn't explain why the rest of the mounts squeezed out. So I'm sending them pics and receipts. He will get back to me on Monday when he get back in the office. So as of right now don't buy them. I wanna see where this is gonna go. Here's a pic of what the mounts look like torqued down
166958f5e09ca8e35937753952b08bb2.jpg
d5ea1a0ce76eda0ab41c8fd5fcdb71c7.jpg

hashim

Reaction score
Kf04050bf I wanna say? It's on their website if you search it under the 2008-2010 Ford F-250/350 trucks, It is smaller height wise but does not compress like the oem ones do. The only gripe I have is they are smaller and the slotted hole is bigger on the chassis than the mount so when it's installed initially it will slide around, once torqued down though they don't move. I couldn't replace my 3rd from the rear on both sides so I left them installed, I greased the cab mounts cab and reinstalled them with antisieze on the bolts so they won't be a bitch to remove when I need to again. Hope this answers your questions, I did one side at a time and torqued it then moved to the other, the truck was on the ground the entire time. I used a 3 ton floor jack and a 4x4 that was 4 ft long to raise the cab close to the mount I was replacing. With the exception of the front two nuts that decided to spin everything was easy. Don't use an impact like everyone suggests.

Latest posts

Members online