CCV

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
Who makes the best CCV mod in your opinion? Going to do the mod and don't want to not spend enough, or spend too much if there is a better product for cheaper?

travisH3

Reaction score
i had the no limit ccv reroute setup before. he has a piece made that has the right bends that fits the factory ccv system perfectly and works it back around to run it down the fender liner and along the frame. then i got an MPD billet oil filler. it gets rid of that huge canister under the hood and I used my no limit setup and modified it for that since no limit comes with a 1" heater hose and mpd gives you 3/4" i believe

sandpiperx

Reaction score
This is the set up I am using right now. painted black and installed for 1200 miles. No issue, no oil in intake, Using 1"ID oil resistant hose. modified No Limit CAI (great intake!)
it was off another design but I wanted 1" hose not 3/4" I will post pick and check the inter cooler again on the next oil change. but I will say that the lovely Mrs. P is happy. She did not like the smell or haze of the open to atmosphere set up. So this was what I wanted to do. works great so far. have a great day...M

P1060055_zpsl5rm8yqr.jpg

P1060080_zpsudafhetz.jpg

P1060088_zps5112e56e.jpg

Rubenk

Reaction score
I went with the MPD oil fill/reroute. Looks 100x cleaner without that hideous stock oil fill can thing there.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Easy to make one for 15-20 bucks, but as others have mentioned the whole venting to atmosphere isn't pleasant smelling and if your trucks got miles like mine it hazes pretty good.

Mines since been rerouted, but here's a painfully simple example of what can be done with a quick stop at the hardware store.

8ab1757ec4cc902ba3586eab7a0e4eac.jpg

Pan4905

Reaction score
This is the set up I am using right now. painted black and installed for 1200 miles. No issue, no oil in intake, Using 1"ID oil resistant hose. modified No Limit CAI (great intake!)
it was off another design but I wanted 1" hose not 3/4" I will post pick and check the inter cooler again on the next oil change. but I will say that the lovely Mrs. P is happy. She did not like the smell or haze of the open to atmosphere set up. So this was what I wanted to do. works great so far. have a great day...M

P1060055_zpsl5rm8yqr.jpg

P1060080_zpsudafhetz.jpg

P1060088_zps5112e56e.jpg

How did you seal the fitting to the elbow?

sandpiperx

Reaction score
hand threaded the bottom piece drilled the hole on the intake 1/8 smaller in the elbow. The material has some give and take. SO it fit really snug once slid through. rtv through out and cured for 2 days I found a plastic bolt at a ace hardware and tightened on the inside. I really do not need the thin bolt on the inside. The seal on the fitting and rtv was quite thorough enough in my opinion and held the piece in check so far. this all came out of the blue so I am watching and testing as I go to make sure everything holds as hoped. I just wanted to make sure that I used one inch hose to keep the pressure moving with little or no restriction. I am by no means a part maker just was kinda of a hobby thing for me and see if it would work. SO far pretty darn good. hope this helps.

m

B585Ford

Reaction score
It would be nice to monitor CC pressure and then do one these "kits" to ensure they didn't increase.

sandpiperx

Reaction score
I did alot of research from 4 or 5 sites on this There was one post in particular and if i can locate it I would post it. They did multiple types of CCV with catch cans and vent out types on 6.4's with gauges and measuring equipment. The one thing that stood across the board that made them work was everything needed to be above 3/4" ID on the hose out and return with no decrease in size on the inlets and returns at all. That is just what I found out. I would not even think about doing this mod unless I had the info to back up what I wanted to do,. love the truck to much. You got me thinking again about a way to set up and monitor pressure. Does anyone know what the stock pressure of the crank case is on these motors?
Have a good day.

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
has anyone attempted running it into there exhaust utilizing the Venturi effect? I've seen one person try and others say they did, but I would like hard data from multiple people saying what exact degree they used and where along the exhaust they put it... I believe it has to be something like 60-70* between the angle of the exhaust and angle of the inlet, correct?

Wyo6.4KingRanch

Reaction score
It was "Wayne" and it's a few posts down, don't know why i thought it was on a different forum. Apologies for not looking first.

Rubenk

Reaction score
You still have to route the hose somewhere do you not?

Ideally yes. Route it to a can, frame rail, or zip tie it to drip on the steering wheel keeping things nice and oiled up for ya! :grouphug:

B585Ford

Reaction score
I did alot of research from 4 or 5 sites on this There was one post in particular and if i can locate it I would post it. They did multiple types of CCV with catch cans and vent out types on 6.4's with gauges and measuring equipment. The one thing that stood across the board that made them work was everything needed to be above 3/4" ID on the hose out and return with no decrease in size on the inlets and returns at all. That is just what I found out. I would not even think about doing this mod unless I had the info to back up what I wanted to do,. love the truck to much. You got me thinking again about a way to set up and monitor pressure. Does anyone know what the stock pressure of the crank case is on these motors?
Have a good day.

I wish I had monitored before I did the mod. I just go by the indirect method of if your rear main doesn't start Lincoln is probably not getting too high....someone had posted when they did a single 5/8" to catch can their rear main started leaking.....they then remove the set up And the leak quit… Not exactly the hard data I was looking for

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Did they run the hose back to the intake after the catch can? You would think having a vacuum would overcome the smaller diameter.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If we're using the less scientific method my tired ass 6.4 with 250k of regen abuse doesn't leak any more oil from the rear main 10k after removing the ccv from the intake.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Did they run the hose back to the intake after the catch can? You would think having a vacuum would overcome the smaller diameter.

Yes, they did. Maybe the vacuum isn't that much? More likely, I figure the catch can (with its smaller diameter) was never meant to handle the amount of blow-bye a 6.4 makes and it was the main problem. Still, like has already been mentioned, it was enough for me (who vents to the atmosphere) to only use 1" ID hose.
In all of these conversations, the catch can has always been my fear unless you go with a reputable brand... and at least when I was considering doing the catch can, them things weren't cheap....of course, what is on these trucks?

Latest posts

Members online