VA Diesel Tax Refunds!!!

HD F250

Reaction score
How many of you from VA know about this? I found this on the TDI forum today.

FUELS TAX REFUNDS ON DIESEL PASSENGER VEHICLES
Any person purchasing diesel fuel used in operating or propelling a passenger car, a pickup
or panel truck, or a truck having a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less is
entitled to a refund of a portion of the taxes paid in an amount equal to the difference
between the rate of tax on diesel fuel and the rate of tax on gasoline at the time of purchase.
"Passenger car," "pickup or panel truck," and "truck" are defined as follows.
"Passenger car" means every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle designed and used
primarily for the transportation of no more than 10 persons including the driver.

"Pickup or panel truck" means every motor vehicle designed for the transportation
of property and having a registered gross weight of 7,500 pounds or less.

"Truck" means every motor vehicle designed to transport property on its own structure
independent of any other vehicle and having a registered gross weight in excess of 7,500
pounds.
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/taxact_2013.pdf

Apply online at www.dmvnow.com for a refund if you purchase diesel fuel for any of the qualifying vehicles.

SDER1

Reaction score
HD...i looked into this earlier this year, but then went through the process online and my truck was yoo heavy due to gvwr. Unless they have changed some of the criteria, unsure if those of us with diesel trucks will qualify. I would have to look at my notes on the org or nation for details (long week already)...

lowdog63

Reaction score
I spoke with DMV about this as I have been saving my receipts. GVWR has to be 10,000 lbs. or less. Most F250's should qualify.

Latest posts

Members online