Alberta 6.4 build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
:whs: I have the X's and they spool great(mind you its a 6 speed so its a lot harder to spool than an auto) But my next set would be high powers. Reasons why is the stock housing on the tow x hp(59) is a restriction and limits the flow. And the spool up is the same as the high powers. So there is a greater power potential with no sacrifice in lag( not enought to speak of anyhow) So one day I'll change mine up for these reasons.

Wastegate

Reaction score
But with thirty below air temps for 75% of the year should be more dense air to aid it spool eh? Hah

Subbed looks like a real fun truck!

B585Ford

Reaction score
But with thirty below air temps for 75% of the year should be more dense air to aid it spool eh? Hah

Subbed looks like a real fun truck!

What's the baro (elevation) there????...that would be a bigger factor than the cold temps in regards to spool up....EGTs yeah the cold will definitely help that.

Wastegate

Reaction score
What's the baro (elevation) there????...that would be a bigger factor than the cold temps in regards to spool up....EGTs yeah the cold will definitely help that.

In edson elevation is 3035 ft, maryland is at 3356 irc for comparison.
current baro in edmonton is 101.2 kpa (14.6 psi) with a humidity of 85% so pretty damn close to sea level atm

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
I agree. Temp won't have anything to do with spooling, pressure will. On the plus side when it's below zero (Canadian thermometer eh) you get less detonation on your pistons with all that ice cold dense air!

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
im really thinking the single maybe start off with billet 66 with a good tune see how i like it save me some $$$ for dual pumps

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
1426396_10152825907497381_4411949316770142189_n.jpg

Wastegate

Reaction score
I agree. Temp won't have anything to do with spooling, pressure will. On the plus side when it's below zero (Canadian thermometer eh) you get less detonation on your pistons with all that ice cold dense air!

Totally agree, Atmospheric intercooling. just gotta look at the positives haha

im really thinking the single maybe start off with billet 66 with a good tune see how i like it save me some $$$ for dual pumps

Im in the same boat as you! Gonna have to see how drop ins stack up to a single head to head haha. Truck looks good, 4inch lift?

sootie

Reaction score
low 700's

you will have plenty of fuel to support a bigger charger tho.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Should spool well. I think they spool better than a cast 66 but you would have to confirm that with somebody like morgan or craig.