Finishing Steve's Abandoned Project

dustinz85

Reaction score
Finally just went to the machine shop since they do not answer the phone. Everything is done except the block. Had to go to 0.030" over due to taper. He wants a piston to size his final bore and hone to. So now I'm in need of 0.030" over pistons delipped, decked, coated and with valve reliefs. Feel free to PM me prices.
Pistons you have are stock bore I'm guessing?
Finally just went to the machine shop since they do not answer the phone. Everything is done except the block. Had to go to 0.030" over due to taper. He wants a piston to size his final bore and hone to. So now I'm in need of 0.030" over pistons delipped, decked, coated and with valve reliefs. Feel free to PM me prices.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Just ordered some pistons from Jared, maybe I'll actually get the shortblock back together before the end of the year.

one2nine

Reaction score
I need to stop up and see that project. I haven't seen you in forever.

Hell I've driven by his place all through hunting season and haven't seen him lol.

Btw, truck looks good

Just ordered some pistons from Jared, maybe I'll actually get the shortblock back together before the end of the year.

You going to be around during rifle season? I should be up that way a good bit.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Hell I've driven by his place all through hunting season and haven't seen him lol.

Btw, truck looks good

You going to be around during rifle season? I should be up that way a good bit.

Possibly. I didn't take anything off for it, so I'll be working.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Looking neglected. Should have the engine back together before the end of the year.
a3132bdf9186cf84af26e09edbffa892.jpg

SRCFab

Reaction score
Just finally joined the site today so I could say, Awesome project! Cant wait to see it done:thumbsup:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Picked up my stuff since I was tired of being ***ked around by the machine shop. Turns out they never did anything with it. The only good news I got from them was the fact that they were going out of business. Who knows of an actual good shop in PA?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Picked up a lower mileage used pump to run in the v. Feel a lot safer going that route over a new reman.