VGT off?

stroker221

Reaction score
I made a vgt switch and when turned off theres no more smoke than usual (awesomeness) and idk why but my truck is barely laggy at all. And unlike other people, I can't tell a difference at WOT between having it either on or off?... The only big difference is sound which is why I don't it but I didn't expect it to run nearly as well as it does. But with the vgt UNPLUGGED it was very laggy and not fast at all. I'm confused... But happy with it

stroker221

Reaction score
That's what id think but alot of other ppl on another website say they don't have much power when they do it so idk.

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
can anyone give me a ballpark on the cost of a custom tune like the ones described in this thread with the VGT off at idle? I'm just looking for a ballpark before I waste anybody's time with a quote. thanks

sootie

Reaction score
i doubt the tune price will change, just specify that's what you want when you order...

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Finally ordered my Gearhead tunes, $250 for the 6.4 Eng + Trans, $175 if your manual no trans file needed. Can't wait to get them in and requested VGT off as well.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Does anybody know why when I'm idling, my vgt position slowly climbs? I set all my vane position tables to 2 under 1000 rpms and desired ebp tables to 0.

silver6four

Reaction score
maybe this is a dumb question but wanting to turn off vgt under 1000rpm following td-5 graphs.. then i noticed he has diff turbo set up than stock as well as few other goodies i dont have yet...i am still running stock turbos..i wouldnt think this would change turbo vane control but possibly the ebp settings.. any insight would be much appreciated . i would kick myself for messing somthing up over myself just wanting a different sound.

silver6four

Reaction score
As I started before.. probably a dumb question...and yes it was. Ive been watching my ebp on my mini max and have answered my own question. Under 7 psi till over 1000 rpm so obviously this wont be an issue.. sorry still learning and at a very slow rate apparently. And tables not graphs. My mistake as well.