Is HPFP leak into motor possible

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If it works still cheaper than a short block...not so?

while i agree with you i still think its ***ing rediculous they get that much for the pumps. If we priced a whole engine together it would be 5 times what the thing cost from the factory.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would pay $1900 for a brand new pump just for piece of mind...but only if they have been proven effrctive. Who is to say they aren't having similar issues?

Does anyone have the international part number?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Are the Ford pumps manufactured by a different supplier than the international pump? Or is it that Ford doesn't offer a "new" pump anymore? Been out of the Ford world for a little while. I can't recall who made the pumps, Siemans comes to mind. I wonder if you could go direct to the manufacturer.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I think champion is rebuilding the k16s for ford now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Siemens originally designed the fuel system. You cannot buy ANYTHING direct.

Continental had the original sub-contract, which has now been turned over to AER.

AER is the same crock of **** who spray welds 6.4 blocks that dont clean up and re-bore them, only for the cylinder walls to come apart in chunks, we've gotten burned in the shop on two of those jobs already.

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score
Siemens originally designed the fuel system. You cannot buy ANYTHING direct.

Continental had the original sub-contract, which has now been turned over to AER.

AER is the same crock of **** who spray welds 6.4 blocks that dont clean up and re-bore them, only for the cylinder walls to come apart in chunks, we've gotten burned in the shop on two of those jobs already.

I messaged you about a cp3 setup.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
What is stopping people from buying the dual fueler kit and running that second pump as a single pump and building a block off plate for the valley under the turbo? Seems MUCH easier to access and no chance of leaking into the motor...

We have installed 5 remans this year without issue, but it only takes one to ruin it.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
What is stopping people from buying the dual fueler kit and running that second pump as a single pump and building a block off plate for the valley under the turbo? Seems MUCH easier to access and no chance of leaking into the motor...

We have installed 5 remans this year without issue, but it only takes one to ruin it.

Nothing other than no one other than Morgan has done it that I know of, but you could just cut the top off the factory pump cover and weld an aluminum plate to the flange and ta-da pump delete cover lol.

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score

This is what I was asking about earlier in this thread.
I want to know if you could just leave the pump in place and put caps in the ports

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Nothing other than no one other than Morgan has done it that I know of, but you could just cut the top off the factory pump cover and weld an aluminum plate to the flange and ta-da pump delete cover lol.

Seems tempting.

After building a motor the last thing anyone wants to deal with is an issue with a brand new part that could potentially ruin an entire motor in minutes. A simple, but slightly expensive fix, is to put that brand new pump out on a dual fueler kit.

How does the CP3 kit work? Is tuning to the point where a CP3 could be ran as a single? That would even make it better!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
This is what I was asking about earlier in this thread.
I want to know if you could just leave the pump in place and put caps in the ports

No. The pump will still be spinning and without fuel pressure you wont have lubrication, it will grenade eventually.

Unless you were to leave the gear off, maybe that was your point, but this seems like more work if you already have it all apart might as well just block it.

And on top of that for most people the one in the valley is their core to get the new pump... so your just costing yourself even more money.

Lmgrpowerstroke

Reaction score
Seems tempting.

After building a motor the last thing anyone wants to deal with is an issue with a brand new part that could potentially ruin an entire motor in minutes. A simple, but slightly expensive fix, is to put that brand new pump out on a dual fueler kit.

How does the CP3 kit work? Is tuning to the point where a CP3 could be ran as a single? That would even make it better!

Just discussed this with Jared at river city.

The PCM needs to reference both the Volume Control Valve & Pressure Control Valve, a Cp3 does not have either of these. There is no possible way it could ever work properly. A Cp3 on a 6.4 has uses the K16 to regulate the system.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Only one tuning them is RCD, and as far as I know it comes on on demand not constant. Like ON / OFF no in between. Don't think it would work as the only pump, not to mention flows a lot less than a K16.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
tuning isnt entirely true,

haller is tuning his drag truck with a CP3 but i dont think he's willing to do anything on a street truck.

To answer the question on the CP3 as a single pump, no thats not really an option. THe Factory ford stuff just is not meant to run on a single regulator without a relief valve.
No one that i know of right now has made a good enough controller to invert the signal from what ford requires to what a CP3 requires.

I wanted so bad in 2010 to run a single cp3 out front and a cover plate in the back, no need for pulling the damn turbos to get to anything. mod the rocker boxes to put the rails on the opposite sides so the lines are up front. easy serviceability.

webb06

Reaction score
Swapping rocker boxes and such wouldn't be that hard. Then run the k16 up front.

Can't just swap sides. The box would have to be modded. Since the harness comes through in the front and the fuel line in the back. You'd need both in the front. Not necessarily need but it would make it more accessible in the front.

Latest posts

Members online