Taylor D

Reaction score
What do you guys think ?
b219ef1870b6d29bbaa75ab4adcb92f7.jpg
1c1ecc3d2127b5c0d0e7852c82e44ead.jpg

beanz15t

Reaction score
33in led bar in factory grill

After checking out this post I had to do it.. took me a day and much needed patience and I'm sure a professional shop could have done it better then I but still got the same end result.. so here is my attempt at a write up for the process..

tools needed:
dermal wit cut wheels
flat head screw drivers
Philips screw drivers
drill & bits
zip ties
wire strippers & tips

1~ begin by removing the complete grill from the hood. 2x10mm bolts located at the bottom corners of the grill, also remove all the plastic clips running across the top of the grill assy.

2~ use a towel and flat head screw driver to gently pry the top of the grill from the hood. there is small metal clips retaining the plastic to the hood. BE CAREFUL so you don't break the grill or chip your paint.

3~ once the grill is free remove all the metal clips from the hood and place them to the side so as you progress in mounting this you are able to hang test it with ease. remove the grill and place face down on a towel.

4~ (get beer and get comfortable you'll be here for a while) begin to remove the grill grey insert from the chrome portion of the grill. I found using a small flat head screw driver and starting on just one side made this process easier.

5~ remove the 5 screws holding the metal reinforcement to the grill.

6~ now take your dermal wit cut wheel and cut the bottom vent from the rest of the insert, jus below the clip holes you fought to remove it from the chrome portion.

7~ after cutting the lower vent from the rest of the insert you will now want to cut the bottom portion of that piece to save the lowest section of the insert clips and screw holes.

8~ now place the bar on top of the chrome vent and center it as you would like it mounted and mark the grill at the edges of the bar on the top section of the vent and allow yourself a small amount of wiggle room. then remove the bar.

9~ take the dermal and begin cutting this section of the chrome grill. I cant stress enough to take your time with this part. once that section is removed check that the led bar fit comfortably in the grill.

10~ now reinstall the very bottom portion of the grey insert that has the clips and screw holes that the reinforcement attached to and install the metal reinforcement with 3 bolts just so you can get your measurements.

11~ place the led bar into the grill wit the attachment legs loosely screwed into the bar. make sure the bar in centered and mark off where the attachment legs lay on the metal reinforcement. (top and side only) then remove light and metal reinforcement.

12~ with the reinforcement removed cut only the top and side inboard and outboard sides so you can fold the section of where the led mounts will be. this will be your base for the legs of the led mounts will be. (this section of the metal will be longer than the chrome grill will allow so I folded it again to add more stability)

13~ install the reinforcement and led with mounts and check for any clearance issues in the grill and reinforcement and grey inserts. (you will notice a gap between the led mounts and reinforcement, I measured it and cut a metal tube 1" diameter and used it as a spacer, however that gap you will have to get creative with)

14~ DO NOT DRILL MOUNTING HOLES YET!!! (this is were I messed up) take the grill wit grey insert installed and reinforcement bolted with at least 3 bolts and hang test it on the hood and install the 2 10mm bolts place the led bar on your awesome 6.4l motor and slowly and gently close your hood and hold the led bar in its place on the grill. close the hood til you hit the first latch DONT SLAM IT SHUT ALL THE WAY. you should notice that the intercooler it literally right there behind it. (this is where you find out how good you really cut on the grill) if you have room continue to lightly push the hood closed checking for clearance of the intercooler and back en of the bar. if everything passes remove the led, 2x10mm bolts, and grill.

15~ with the grill one the ground place the led back into the grill with its mount legs and now mark where you will drill for your mount bolt to go through, remove the led and drill the holes.

16~ now remove the leg mounts from the led bar and silicone the bolt going in the led bar (this will help keep water out of the led bar because Ive heard this is a problem with cheap led bars) install the bolts and mount legs into the led bar jus enough to get a couple threads in

17~ place the bar into the grill and install the mount hardware into the grill, but again loose but enough to get a couple threads into the nut.

18~ reinstall the small retaining clips to the hood and install all the bolts to the reinforcement to grill.

19~ almost done, take the grill and assy and install it but take your time so as to not scratch your hood break the grill or anything bad.. lol.. don't forget your 2x10mm bolts.

20~ once the grill is installed make sure the led bar is in place and finish tighing up the bolts (led mount hdwr).

21~ gently close your hood and double check for clearance and functionality of the hood and proper latching.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE DONE IT!!

22~ now run your wires however you please. I ran mine through the hood and placed the button in an empty small open box that serves no purpose in my dash. thanks ford!

if you have questions check my pics and if your still having troubles email me.

Attachments

• DSC_0093.jpg
    DSC_0093.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 52

beanz15t

Reaction score
install pics

Attachments

• DSC_0061.jpg