Alberta 6.4 build

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
hey guys im starting to think of building up the old 6.4 what would be a good start to be around 700 hp
heres what im thinking

tow power x turbos
head studs
air dog 2
springs and push rods
tranny..... any good recommended shops in alberta
already have a spartan tuner s&b intake and full egr delete with cold side pipe
and diy traction bars thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
hey guys im starting to think of building up the old 6.4 what would be a good start to be around 700 hp
heres what im thinking

tow power x turbos
head studs
air dog 2
springs and push rods
tranny..... any good recommended shops in alberta
already have a spartan tuner s&b intake and full egr delete with cold side pipe
and diy traction bars thanks

I would sale the spartan and grab a minimaxx and purchase MCC custom tunes from Matt at Gearhead.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just my .02 here but what about some manis and up pipes and a gate and also grab the fuel lab lpfs over the airdog. Again not saying what's best or worst just thinking out loud. It will be a fun street truck by any means. Also what about a hpfs and nozzels

ncollins64

Reaction score
Also I didn't know if you had anybody lined up to buy the parts from but I bet Morgan with Midwest diesel could hook you up with all those parts with a great price and awesome customer service. He would probably have a lot more info for you about what your wanting and goals also. Not trying to pimp his parts just speaking from experience. It will be a runner for sure

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I hit 618 on stock air and fuel. With an atmo upgrade it was probably closer to 700 but idk for a fact since I didn't dyno it then.

I did 723 on stock injectors a few years ago.

op- let me know if I can help with anything!

Reaction score
472 would drive terrible by itself on stock fuel. For the 700hp mark I would either go 75/59 compounds or a bigger single. Either way I would do a dual fueler setup and 30% injectors minimum to push enough fuel to make it happen.

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
im still learning about these trucks i was in the rock crawling scene before i got the diesel bug what would be a good solid 700-750 hp build dd single and compound builds with room for improvement when i wanna increase hp thanks guys

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im still learning about these trucks i was in the rock crawling scene before i got the diesel bug what would be a good solid 700-750 hp build dd single and compound builds with room for improvement when i wanna increase hp thanks guys

what morgan already mentioned. 30% , 59/72/75/76 ... dual pumps and a lift pump as well as a transmission and some good tuning!

Red Ripper

Reaction score
Talk to Jordan @ Dirty diesel customs in Sylvan Lake he is a awesome guy and dose good work he will hook you up along with all the other vendors on here..

B585Ford

Reaction score
what would u guys say midwest single ballbearing s366 or RCD drop in 75mm atmosphere ??

I think it would be helpful to know your budget and specific goals....how relaible, how good of street manners, how comfortable are you with high EGTs, will you be sled pulling, drags, etc. To get a true over 700 HP truck (not just 700 on a generous dyno), you have to add fuel which means everything besides the tank will need upgraded. To get 650 HP or so you could get away with stock fuel and drop in turbos. A single vs a drop in...these would behave much differently so again it really depends on goals as to which would be the best for you.

Kind

Reaction score
Talk to Jordan @ Dirty diesel customs in Sylvan Lake he is a awesome guy and dose good work he will hook you up along with all the other vendors on here..

^^^^

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
it is a DD truck but i wanna start pulling next year and hit the strip every once in a while i already have a fass 150 ordered i wanna start ordering up valve train components here also
can u do single turbo custom tuning on a spartan ? i herd rcd is

johnp115

Reaction score
it is a DD truck but i wanna start pulling next year and hit the strip every once in a while i already have a fass 150 ordered i wanna start ordering up valve train components here also
can u do single turbo custom tuning on a spartan ? i herd rcd is

Maybe read through the countless threads on the single vs compound setup. We have beat that to death.

Staying on stock fuel you're not likely to break 700hp so it all is just how you want to go about making 6xx hp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.