Blown Up Pipe Build Cab On

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
'08 F-350 with 150k miles finally blew a up pipe bellow on the passenger side. It was still drive-able but I had a week so I decided to tear it down. Called No Limit and got a set of the GPP up pipes second day shipped as I already had the BD 6.0L manifolds, No Limit EGR weight loss kit, Midwest Diesels single kit with the 364.5 SXE(?) turbo and ported intake manifold. I had the main weight loss already done but the EGR was still intact so I had to pull both cooler's, all the exhaust plumbing and manifolds. What a pain!!!! All the bolts came out easy for me once I was able to get a socket on them. I used a Matco flex head 3/8 ratchet and chrome deep sockets for the majority of the work. When the up pipes came they had the wrong bungs welded in so I talked to Jeff at No Limit, sent some pictures. He in turn talked to the manufacturer and they sent me another set next day. These were correct. These pipes are great too. Welds look amazing, fitment was good and just all around heavy duty pipes. Only complaint was that the bolt's that came with them to bolt the up pipe to manifold where not long enough and a good enough grade. I threaded a nut on to where all the threads were threaded and was tightening it down and it stripped. Ended up getting a 1" longer grade 8 fine threads for this application and they worked good. Also when you put the manifolds on make sure you use the BD spacers NOT the factory ford 6.0L ones. The BD's are about 3/16" shorter so you have more threads in the block. I had everything in and tight when I noticed BD had spacers and trust me, you only want to have to put in and tighten these manifold bolts once. The single kit went together great, just had to adjust the exhaust/outlet to correct angles. I also changed thermostats, idlers and tensioners while I had it apart. It runs and no leaks so far so today's plan is to get some single tunes and see how it really runs. I want to say a big thanks to Jeff at No Limit, Austin, Morgan and Jared at Midwest Diesel and especially Jimmy with Elite Lubrication Specialties as he had already done this and answered all my questions. I will try and get some pictures up later and if any one has questions on this feel free to ask!!

Members online

No members online now.