Non oem oil coolers

tyler2k

Reaction score
Are any of these comparable to oem, i know there was temperature issues with the high flow style but what about like rudys one, it doesnt say high flow just that its a direct replacement.

tyler2k

Reaction score
Also reading issues with dorman, guess I'll contact them and see if that's what they use

Zmann

Reaction score
agreed. why risk it ?

i also think putting an OEM cooler back in the motor is a waste of time

when you could stick it on the fender and back flush / replace in minutes vs hours

tyler2k

Reaction score
I completely agree with you but money's tight so over 1k vs 200-300 is easier to swallow, and i really can't wait since my deltas are like 37 just driving normal, one just a back road drive no highway i hot 227 while my coolant was 189

Zmann

Reaction score
have you tried a back flush ?
that brought mine down from temps like your seeing to 9* split

it gave me enough time to get the BPD relocate kit lined up

if you intend on keeping the truck i would try to fund up for the BPD kit

I can't tell you what a pain it is to do a cooler, but how much easier it is to do when you know your never going back in
to do another one

Last edited:

tyler2k

Reaction score
Should i do a regular flush before i do the back flush, and does the ipr coolant filter work with bpd relocate kit

Zmann

Reaction score
The IPR filter head can be used inline to the BPD oil cooler

if I were you i would do a backflush then drive and drain , then back flush a few times more

don't skimp. pull the block plugs and install the fumoto valves atleast on the passenger side

now depending on what you find will define what to use as far as chemicals if your finding silicate then you want to use a prediluted cascade dishwasher liquid with dawn (machine not sink )

Last edited:

tyler2k

Reaction score
I read that people have had success putting lime away Iin the oil cooler to clean it to

Zmann

Reaction score
it may work for some sedments

but I did tests on the silica drop out sediment on mine

i used CLR / Lime away / and a few others but the cascade was the only one that turned the silicate granules back in to a flowable paste

you run the stuff for a day with just water then drain back flush and do it again

this is if you have coolant drop out issues only

$_32.jpg

Last edited:

tyler2k

Reaction score
In those directions it says purchase a 3/4 hose for the oil cooler flush, is that ID or OD of 3/4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.