egr delete questions

TjMiller

Reaction score
Was getting ready to delete coolers cab on and my kit says to cut the flex tube that connects the vert. and horizontal coolers. Is there a way to get them out without cutting that tube? I will probably never use em again but would like to save them incase.
Also I see a lot of people remove the egr tube that runs down off the turbo when they do HD uppipes. I like the idea of getting rid of that tube but not sure that it will come out. Sounds like you have to cut it up to get it out. Anyone have any experience with this?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It can all come out without cutting. Coolers come out in one our emails pretty easy. The rear pipe requires removing the valve cover and rocker box. Enjoy

I found by removing the linkage the lower cooler is wiggled out pretty easily. never heard of any cutting.

to the op- what kit has instructions that suggest cutting ?

bigaF250

Reaction score
Hell I don't think mine came with any directions what so ever. But yes there are two I think ten mm nuts on the flex. Come apart fairly easily. I wish anyone doing this job cab on the best of luck and lots of patience. To those that have done studs and things cab on, you guys have a ton of patience

TjMiller

Reaction score
I found by removing the linkage the lower cooler is wiggled out pretty easily. never heard of any cutting.

to the op- what kit has instructions that suggest cutting ?

Flo-pro. In the last pic they show a pile of parts and you can see the coolers separated by a cut flex tube.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
as mentioned above, disconnect steering linkage and make sure the dipstick tube is unbolted and the lower cooler and bracket will wiggle out without the need for cutting anything

tbsimmons

Reaction score
as mentioned above, disconnect steering linkage and make sure the dipstick tube is unbolted and the lower cooler and bracket will wiggle out without the need for cutting anything

This.
Make sure the steering wheel doesnt spin, it will break the clock spring.

Latest posts

Members online