EBP ??

sootie

Reaction score
i speak based on what i have done/seen on my own trucks.

B585Ford

Reaction score
So with mcc can one create a tune to open the egr valve when ebp gets high?
Also if you can, can you vary the opening based on ebp?

That's a good question. I had already deleted my EGR by the time MCC came out so I have never looked at those tables.....only problem is when you open the EGR you are letting dirty, hot, O2-depleted air into your intake. Personally, if you were trying to control EBP, I would just cut the PW instead of opening the EGR. That what I did before until I did a WG.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I read this thread and decided to see what mine was doing, I am on the H&S hot tune, I was rolling about 40 and punched it to about 75-80mph, EBP Spiked at 66 holding 39-40 lbs of boost.

Good bad or other?

jtpappy

Reaction score
Went to the track yesterday with the new set up.
When the tc locks I am at 51psi boost and 71 psi of back pressure. Should I dial my wastegate down?
72/59
Push rods
Studded

B585Ford

Reaction score
When the tc locks I am at 51psi boost and 71 psi of back pressure. Should I dial my wastegate down?
72/59
Push rods
Studded

IMO since you are studded and have push rods (? springs too), probably not. Do you have the bottom port plugged or is that full boost (obviously the top port will regulated)?

B585Ford

Reaction score
No springs yet. The bottom is plugged.
Just springs and regulated boost

IMO I would adust it 1 click counterclockwise since you don't have springs. Others would probably say that would be fine....I tend to be a little more conservative than some guys.

sootie

Reaction score
72/59
Push rods
Studded

yes-drop it to 67-68 on mm.

your boost will come down to 48 likely but you may actually pick up some power. your turbos will be closer to their efficiency range.

jtpappy

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man! I'll do that! I wish gh could get my tunes right 😔
I want the 30% tuned all the way out till I have a second pump. But for some reason on his tunes it's still running 18k on performance 😳

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man! I'll do that! I wish gh could get my tunes right 😔
I want the 30% tuned all the way out till I have a second pump. But for some reason on his tunes it's still running 18k on performance 😳

What PW? My best guess is that with a healthy pump you could only run about 1.9 and maintain but I am sure others could give you a more definite answer.