midwest diesel single kit, yay or nay???

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
I have Morgans t4 mount with a s472 bullseye double batmo w/ a 87mm turbine and 1.0 exhaust housing on stock fuel, it's a dog on the street until up top then it pulls hard, I daily drive mine. A 366 or 367 would spool nicely on stock fuel though, I would never do a 472 on stock fuel again but I left myself room for fuel mods in the future. Best part of the single is the sound by far, only been driving mine for a week and everyone says it's the meanest sounding truck they've ever heard.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have Morgans t4 mount with a s472 bullseye double batmo w/ a 87mm turbine and 1.0 exhaust housing on stock fuel, it's a dog on the street until up top then it pulls hard, I daily drive mine. A 366 or 367 would spool nicely on stock fuel though, I would never do a 472 on stock fuel again but I left myself room for fuel mods in the future. Best part of the single is the sound by far, only been driving mine for a week and everyone says it's the meanest sounding truck they've ever heard.

the sound is killer :ford:

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score

So you daily drive it and egt's stay In a safe range, and fuel mileage is about the same as before the conversion? I believe with a 66 it should spool nicely and get streetable with the right tuning. Just need to ask mr Knox what his trans tune is like and try to achieve the same thing he has.

Nick284

Reaction score
im running the midwest kit with billet 366, gearhead tuning. also leveled on 35.s. honestly speaking, i dont think its as laggy as everyone makes it sounds. but its laggier then what i was aiming for. so currently im in the middle if i really like it or not. but its driveable and really no big deal to me. does smoke a bit do to being non vgt i think i read. but at certain speeds its a "dead area" and you'l smoke and get lag more. which i did with compounds too depending on how much throttle i pushed. but the single is fast and pulls great for just putting it on with no other bolt ons. im going to buy a lift pump and a intercooler pipe. i heard that will help with spool. im not set on that yet but we'l see

Cknox121

Reaction score
So you daily drive it and egt's stay In a safe range, and fuel mileage is about the same as before the conversion? I believe with a 66 it should spool nicely and get streetable with the right tuning. Just need to ask mr Knox what his trans tune is like and try to achieve the same thing he has.

Im running gearhead tuning, running the "hybrid" trans tune he sends. Smoke can become obnoxious with the early TC lock tune.

Im going to take some go pro videos soon, will show gauges and such.

im running the midwest kit with billet 366, gearhead tuning. also leveled on 35.s. honestly speaking, i dont think its as laggy as everyone makes it sounds. but its laggier then what i was aiming for. so currently im in the middle if i really like it or not. but its driveable and really no big deal to me. does smoke a bit do to being non vgt i think i read. but at certain speeds its a "dead area" and you'l smoke and get lag more. which i did with compounds too depending on how much throttle i pushed. but the single is fast and pulls great for just putting it on with no other bolt ons. im going to buy a lift pump and a intercooler pipe. i heard that will help with spool. im not set on that yet but we'l see

This is pretty spot on.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
Im running gearhead tuning, running the "hybrid" trans tune he sends. Smoke can become obnoxious with the early TC lock tune.

Im going to take some go pro videos soon, will show gauges and such.

This is pretty spot on.

thanks a lot for the info guys, i really appreciate it and it helps with my decision. glad to know there is other guys out there running with a single lol i think im going to do it. just gotta get the $ together and pull the trigger. i wont mind the lagginess, as i drive county road mostly.hardly ay stop and go traffic speed limit avg's 55-60 mph. but good to know the power is there if i need it, just gotta wait for the charger to spool.

Cknox121

Reaction score
a manual trans would be sweet with the single.

I leave mine in tow haul mod in town, helps keep smoke down. Anything over 70 mph and its pretty much smoke free.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score

Egt and fuel mileage have stayed the same since I did the single, gearhead tuned my truck to lock out 5th till almost 60mph so that helps with spooling the turbo, it's safe to say with a 472 on stock fuel the turbo sees next to no boost around town, but I built my truck as a DD and competition sled pulling truck so I deal with the laggy turbo for now.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
i seen that video morgan, i been watching youtube videos of single turbo 6.4's for 2 days now! haha :rockon::eek: and i love what i see..will be in touch with you very shortly bud!

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
well i couldnt resist and my curiosity got the best of me, so i bought a billet s367 charger, midwest pedestal. and im waiting to hear back from morgan at midwest, about my quote for the remainder of the parts.

this should be interesting, and fun! i decided im going to switch to single, and never look back lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
well i couldnt resist and my curiosity got the best of me, so i bought a billet s367 charger, midwest pedestal. and im waiting to hear back from morgan at midwest, about my quote for the remainder of the parts.

this should be interesting, and fun! i decided im going to switch to single, and never look back lol

Are you doing the install? I assume you will have to upgrade the CAI.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.