Spartan a joke to deal with or what?

da94broncodude

Reaction score
Going on about 2 weeks now, a friend picked up a 6.4 with spartan tuner, it was in desperate need of updating, after speaking to a couple different people at spartan after he got the (you should know how to do this off the website attitude) etc he finally got it updated, tried to upload and it says wrong truck? vin matches the truck, called spartan and was told it was because while waiting for update on the spartan we put on an h and s so the truck would run, and the h and s caused the invalid truck problem and to have it reflashed to stock. Paid to have it flashed stock, Still wont upload, emailed last tues and weds, no response...

So currently he is driving around on a 75hp deleted H and S tune....

is liking the truck so far except for mileage and that its lacking a little power (Mind you we talked him into this ford after 5+ Cummins, the most recent had Built motor injectors compounds etc)

Im thinking if we can get the spartan to work with some decent tunes he will change his mind on the power and hopefully pick up some MPGS, hes only getting about 13.8 right now mixed city and highway, this seem right??

Sorry for the rant/ run ons just want to get him fixed up let me know your insight on the issue

CT9AIX

Reaction score
updating the Spartan/DD is pretty basic. I gave Spartan all the info they asked for, within 30 minutes I had everything I needed and away I went.... it was a horrific experience as you can tell

sootie

Reaction score
imo the H&S is a better platform esp with the option to do custom tunes etc.

if you need help with Spartan, pm jeff dodd on here, SPARTAN is his screen name.

buck russell

Reaction score
H&S? You mean bully dog? LOL

Spartan has always been great to deal with. Jeff is super knowledgeable and the tech support really helped me out in a bind. Not to come off smarmy, but it's all in how you approach the situation.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Spartan is great to deal with for the most part. Anything out of their realm of what's normal for them though results in unwillingness to even consider it. Long story. But besides that great to deal with. They've helped me out with H&S related issues when trying to switch to Spartan for a customer. H&S has done some weird things with the stock files for me a few times.

Latest posts

Members online