Pillar gauges

Stroked777

Reaction score
What's everyone running for pillar gauges? Three or four gauge pods. I have a mini max but still think it be nice to beable to have more monitors and I always loved the looks of guages. Factor match for a KR would be nice.
I don't know if it's allowed but links to gauges and pods would be nice. Thanks

TXAG07

Reaction score
Interested as well since my Edge CTS has been acting up here lately. Would hate to lose the handle though.....

Stroked777

Reaction score
I never use the handle. Idk how but getting in my truck I have hit my head on it and I to this day don't know what I did to cause that lol. I see most pillar gauge sets come with a pyro but I see that pointless cuz I got a pyro sensor. What is something I should/ could monitor with pillar gauges.

sootie

Reaction score
you have an electronic pyro but i find an analog one reads quite differently.

my choice is boost, trans temp and egts for the pillar gauges then set my minimax to rail pressure, coolant temp, back pressure and either oil temp or battery voltage depending on the day.

the downside to pillar gauges is that you cant use the blend mount for the mini maxx because the lowest pod hits is. only way around that is a four pod setup with the mini maxx in the bottom one. (i havent seen a quad pod myself tho)

Derkperk

Reaction score
Pyrometer , transmission temp if its an auto and fuel pressure for sure. Boost if you want.
I have a CTS on my pillar, that doesn't require removing the handle. It had the fuel pressure expansion. I run a 3 pod overhead with boost, pyro and trans temp.

sent using tapatalk because my iPone died

TXAG07

Reaction score
Since my CTS, and I assume the Mini Max, monitor just about everything, I would do gauges for the ones that I new I could get a reading for without poking too many holes/hacking up too much wiring. I currently monitor the pressure from my airdog in a gauge mounted under the steering column. If I were to do any other gauges it would be boost, ebp, and if I ever upgrade turbos in a compound setup, another boost to see difference bt chargers. Then use my CTS for anything else.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I'm running a three gauge pillar pod with Isspro Performax series gauges. I can monitor Oil pressure, trans temp, back pressure up to 100lbs, boost 1, and boost 2. Just a matter of pulling one gauge out and popping another one in. No hoses to run just a 3 wire harness to the main brain that recognizes which gauge you plug in and want to monitor. I also use the dashdaq to watch the other stuff.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Good luck on factory match for the KR gauge faces. I talked to Michael @ Isspro a year or so ago and he said it was a possibility. It never happened. In my case, I just switched my cluster to black to match the gauges. Either way It is nice to have a few normal gauges along with your monitor for the things that the monitor can't do/doesn't do so well.

Oh, and BTW, the performax setup that Matt is talking about in the post above me is absolutely SICK! Highly recommend Isspro products

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I might switch my cluster face to black. Looks a lot better. And as far as mounting I use the windshield mount for mine

Black cluster FTW. Idk how hard it is in a 6.4, but in a 6.0 it is very easy to just swap the cluster face. I'm sure you can find a black one easy, and then when you get isspros they will match...
ea191f5efe1e11e2b7d622000a1f968a_7_zpsa0de8aad.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm running a three gauge pillar pod with Isspro Performax series gauges. I can monitor Oil pressure, trans temp, back pressure up to 100lbs, boost 1, and boost 2. Just a matter of pulling one gauge out and popping another one in. No hoses to run just a 3 wire harness to the main brain that recognizes which gauge you plug in and want to monitor. I also use the dashdaq to watch the other stuff.

You don't happen to have a pic of that setup do you?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the EV2 ISSPRO guages use the brain box, or do they wire like traditional gauges?

They do not use the brain box. The ev2s I believe have 6 wires. 3 go to the sending unit and 3 are for +/- power and the backlighting. They are great gauges, easy to install, and work great. Let me know if you have any more questions on them or shoot me a PM if you need a set :thumbsup:

Latest posts