Transmissions

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with a ATS transmission because my local shop is a dealer and have a good warranty but I've only heard bad things of them. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Why even chance it ?

I see youre from GA......Grab a DPC converter, they are located in McDonough and get their opinion on which transmissions they hear the best about in Fords.

Id go one of the proven routes.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with a ATS transmission because my local shop is a dealer and have a good warranty but I've only heard bad things of them. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Can anyone prove you right would be my question. Never heard of a single ATS trans in a ford doing anything but breaking.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I don't have experience using a ats trans but I heard no one has good luck with them and that they give you the run around when you try to warranty a 5r because they will blame tuning is the reason the trans broke and therefore is not their responsibility

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Another vote for DPC... Love mine with en elite stg 3 behind it

JrStroker

Reaction score
I'm glad I bought a dpc now. Ha. Can't wait to get it in.

Anyway, your question, if you want to rebuild yours, get with morgan at midwest, and let him know what you're wanting and he can put a kit together for you.

3brorce

Reaction score
Get with Darkhorse or Diesel Technology Source to have them build you a trans with a DPC Converter.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
let me know if I can help you with a DPC converter!

dmkolb

Reaction score
I have one of the 1st Stage 5 tranys ATS has ever built for the 6.4L. So far I love it. That's with a ATS billet flex plate, ATS 5 star TC and deep dish trans pan. The temp never gets over 170 degrees and it's been in the 90s around here lately. We just took it to the deisel drags in Spoakne, WA which is a 5 hours drive for us. And then a 5 hours drive home. Ran the truck and we're doing boosted launches in the 20 to 30 psi range. Ran 12.3 in the quarter. Even when hot lapping we never saw trany temps over 200 degrees. I love this trans. Shifts great around town and shifts even better wide open. I went with ATS because my shop is an autherized installer so if anything ever happens I don't have to worry about labor costs or anything else because they have the best warranty in the industry. I don't get anything for saying any of this. I'm just a very happy ATS owner.

3brorce

Reaction score
Stage5 trans and all it has is a billet flex plate, triple disk converter, deep pan?

dmkolb

Reaction score
Stage5 trans and all it has is a billet flex plate, triple disk converter, deep pan?

I never said what was in it but since you asked.

The ATS 5 star TC is a 5 clutch which is rated to 2200 ftlb of torque. I can monitor it on my dashdaq and it doesn't slip on wide open pulls.

Yes the ATS flex plate is billet.

The trans is an ATS Stage Five 5R110 transmission with billet input shaft, billet intermediate shaft, billet overdrive planet, modified pump, modified valve body and Raybestos clutch packs.

Comes with a 5 year 500,000 mile warranty which also covers labor if it's installed by an authorized dealer. You can use anyone tuning you want. There warranty has changed for the better in the last few years.

I called them and told them what I was going to be doing with my truck. This is what they built for me. I'm extremely happy with it.

3brorce

Reaction score
I have one of the 1st Stage 5 tranys ATS has ever built for the 6.4L. So far I love it. That's with a ATS billet flex plate, ATS 5 star TC and deep dish trans pan. The temp never gets over 170 degrees and it's been in the 90s around here lately. We just took it to the deisel drags in Spoakne, WA which is a 5 hours drive for us. And then a 5 hours drive home. Ran the truck and we're doing boosted launches in the 20 to 30 psi range. Ran 12.3 in the quarter. Even when hot lapping we never saw trany temps over 200 degrees. I love this trans. Shifts great around town and shifts even better wide open. I went with ATS because my shop is an autherized installer so if anything ever happens I don't have to worry about labor costs or anything else because they have the best warranty in the industry. I don't get anything for saying any of this. I'm just a very happy ATS owner.

Ok bud, good luck with it.

Latest posts

Members online