Low mile 03 What should be done?

mstng5point0

Reaction score
My parents are looking to buy a 6.0 I have a customer at work with an 03 with 28k miles that lives in a heated garage. Its perfect. It has an egr delete and a hollowed out cat. The vanes stuck on the turbo and the owner replaced the turbo. Is there anything else other than a coolant filter that should be done to the truck? It will be my moms daily driver and mostly used for a plow truck. But no worries she has a heavy foot and if i tell her it get into it she will.

swinky

Reaction score
Honestly any of the normal 6.0 issues could still be present. I'm doing injectors in a 35k mile 6.0 in a couple of weeks. Just give it a good look over and enjoy it.

Ohh and don't let any of the tards convince you it's a bad truck cause it's an 03. That's a bunch of horse****.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
My 05 w/ 289k runs great. The injectors have a little stick but I threw some rev-x in w/ my oil change. I put a hi-temp mishimoto t-stat in when I did my flush and filter, and now it warms up quicker even w/ the temps being cooler.

At the moment I wouldn't hesitate to grab another 6.0. Decent factory power, better mileage than my 08, cheaper to insure and no more a pain than the 6.4 or 6.7 for emissions or sensors.

Everything I've read about the 6.0 is maintenance if you want reliability. It sounds like your basically ready to go.

Good luck!

mstng5point0

Reaction score
So since the truck already has an egr delete its good there. What else is would you guys do?

I was thinking coolant filter and maybe fluch to ELC. Rotella T6 oil change and fuel filter. Probably run it that way till summer and send the FICM out to Ed for an ulta service and an atlas 40. Also give my parents my Edge CTS and i can run my x4 for extra guages.

mstng5point0

Reaction score
Well they bought it. Going to install a coolant filter and fluid film the whole underneath of the truck. Still debating about a coolant flush and installing elc. What does everyone think. I just did the heads on my 07 and Sanel auto part where my shop gets most of our parts from carried Turbo power Diesel ELC. It is Cat EC-1 certified. I used it in mine. Anyone else ever used it?

http://www.recochem.com/products/tu...lants/diesel_extended_life_antifreeze_coolant

Last edited: