Baking headlights.

Isaac313

Reaction score
And they still get condensation in them? Make sure that the black "tape" on the back is on right, and they are sealed well. OH and don't forget to make sure the seals around the bulbs are all on well. That could cause a problem.

beanz15t

Reaction score
This is how I did mine using plastidip and a set of 6in amber leds but my biggest mistake was not removing all the factory glue and using blue silicone on the first run.. But ya learn something new everyday!

Attachments

• IMAG0558.jpg
    IMAG0558.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0610.jpg
    IMAG0610.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Hey Beanz 15th are those color matched? I have the same color truck I was just trying to figure how I wanna do my headlights. I like those

beanz15t

Reaction score
No I did the poor man tint.. I jus cracked em open and used flat black plastidip from a distance and spayed 2 coats let em sit for 5 min between coats then 4 good coats of glossifier taking my time to make sure I didn't create any runs in the paint.. Let em sit over night then sealed em up let sit over night and good to go!! Was a great fun project.. Jus take your time busting em open and clearing out the old sealant..

Isaac313

Reaction score
The old sealant on mine came out pretty easy. Great project.

BTW, anyone on here do any real exotic total rebuilds? Like not just HID's, but light bars, halos, other cool stuff? Or a light bar cut into where the reflector would be? I'm looking at buying another set someday and doing a total overhaul for something really cool, and more white. I think that'd be sweet!

beanz15t

Reaction score
I threw in 6in amber leds in mine and ran across a couple clearance issues. But if you are redoing the whole headlight I would say a 6" single row would fit if your willing to do the cutting and have fixed position of the bulb housing.

Nick284

Reaction score
has anyone painted there lights, pull the orange reflector out? and just leave it as a clear inside basically? if i make sense, s it would look clear exactly where the lights and running lights look while off? or should i just paint it black and call it a day lol

beanz15t

Reaction score
As u can see in this photo there's two separate housings and IMO if you left the reflector out it would look kinda goofy.

Attachments

• IMAG0592.jpg
    IMAG0592.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87

Isaac313

Reaction score
What you could do is find some E350 headlights. They have only a partial reflector...

1239549.jpg

Reaction score
The old sealant on mine came out pretty easy. Great project.

BTW, anyone on here do any real exotic total rebuilds? Like not just HID's, but light bars, halos, other cool stuff? Or a light bar cut into where the reflector would be? I'm looking at buying another set someday and doing a total overhaul for something really cool, and more white. I think that'd be sweet!

heres a set i started working on before the holidays i need to get back on them and finish em up
color change square projectors
rigid sr 6"
rigid e2 6"
switchback leds in the e2's for blinkers/driving lights
i just need to get em painted and sealed up
if you move the projector to the top it leaves alot more room for lights in the bottom!!
https://vimeo.com/117706188

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
the smaller bar is a hyperspot the bigger one is running lights/blinker/full power driving pattern i plan on running the lightbars on the highbeams and the backlit one on with the low beams i haven't thought much about that part though
what id like is some suggestions on paint should i paint the housings all black and do ptm on the lightbars and projector or leave lightbars black and paint headlight housings what u guys think? i guess ill start me a thread when i get back to work on em as to not derail this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac313

Reaction score
That's your gray truck? I'd probably PTM the housings and orange reflector, but take the old reflectors from the original headlights that are all chrome, and paint them to match black. Kinda like this... So paint the reflector black, but the chrome housing, and the orange middle reflector PTM. That's my idea.

illusionz+2011-2014+ford+f350+h1+orbit+retrofit+04.jpg

Isaac313

Reaction score
Anyone working on any cool hid and/or led retrofits?

I have a set of OEM headlights I wanna tear apart and redo super custom, not just paint.

Isaac313

Reaction score
I really like these... Obviously they are 2011 headlights, but same ideas....

maxresdefault.jpg

and these

11334659_1435952700046981_886332652_n.jpg

drservo

Reaction score
I've got a set of factory 08 headlights if anyone's interested before I list them on Ebay, like new I swapped mine out with Harley lights.

Latest posts

Members online