Update on my rig

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
I like the tie down strap in the bolt hole in the deck of the block! Hopefully it was someone who is just a helper/trainee who did that and not the same guys who work on trucks there.

Dave

Reaction score
Damn I would smack the chit outta whoever shipped it like that

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is certainly the worst packaging job I have ever seen hands down. Who sets a motor sideways on a pallet to begin with??? Your leaving the weakest point of the pallet to take the most weight.

Should have driven a bit farther north and we would have done the installation for you. Thats a mess

LOL, who knows what will happen, yeah it was a piss poor job. the oil pickup and pan is thrashed. I haven't talked to them about this yet, just dealing with rebuilding this thing with Morgan.

devdiesel

Reaction score
This was how I picked my motor up from Morgan, definitely well secured, certainly can't say a bad thing about service/quality. He has treated me right. I would assume you will receive the same thing Eric (including a crate structure around it)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422070107196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422070107196.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 264

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This was how I picked my motor up from Morgan, definitely well secured, certainly can't say a bad thing about service/quality. He has treated me right. I would assume you will receive the same thing Eric (including a crate structure around it)

Morgan talks funny, he has a ascent or some crap.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well here is an update, err sort of. Turns out my heads are chit too. Cracked to the glow plug. :shrug::shrug: So now new heads are going on and I told Morgan to port the *** out of them. The intake is going to be port matched with the heads. A new crank is going in too, I don't trust anything in it right now. But the rods are good LOL

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
Waiting on Midwest to build the new motor if I understand correctly. Not exactly an "on the shelf" setup, although I wouldn't expect it to take Morgan several years to have it ready, I also wouldn't expect it to happen overnight.

Reaction score
Since Erik decided to have a new crank put in it had to go back to the machine shop and be re-balanced. That put us back behind for the engine completion. Plus we decided to go with new heads, fully ported and o-ringed.

Picking the crank up tomorrow and the heads will be finished next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online