EC/LB Motor Build

sootie

Reaction score
i personally have elites up pipes and they are actually very good quality...that being said, i wouldnt wish the transaction experience on anyone.

i have installed Rudy's up pipes on another one of our trucks and i have no complaints about them either. we did sell the truck so i cant keep track of how long they last. price, fit and finish was excellent though.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I've seen the quality of RCDs up pipes for the 6.0s. Very well made. I'm guessing their 6.4 pipes are just the same. I would stay with your original choice. Just imo.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I've seen the quality of RCDs up pipes for the 6.0s. Very well made. I'm guessing their 6.4 pipes are just the same. I would stay with your original choice. Just imo.

i personally have elites up pipes and they are actually very good quality...that being said, i wouldnt wish the transaction experience on anyone.

i have installed Rudy's up pipes on another one of our trucks and i have no complaints about them either. we did sell the truck so i cant keep track of how long they last. price, fit and finish was excellent though.

Thanks for the info fellas. Ill keep the info in mind. Id still like to hear from someone about the SAD lifters though...

Black AOD

Reaction score
Klausen should have a review on those lifters soon...

Not sure if I'm familiar with him. I spoke with Brenton? I think is his name, who is the owner of SAD about his lifters, they definitely sound killer but I'd like to see some hard proof first...

Rubenk

Reaction score
Looks good, would like to do a similiar build to mine one day.

Why no wastegate? Could get the kit from Sean at SDP with it all welded in and ready to go.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Looks good, would like to do a similiar build to mine one day.

Why no wastegate? Could get the kit from Sean at SDP with it all welded in and ready to go.

Really no need for one with just the drop in I don't think. I'm sure it would be beneficial in a way but its not required and with talking to Nate at UDP he didn't think it was needed either.

sootie

Reaction score
a gate is a lovely idea. these truck have high ebp at the best of times...valve contact is never fun

Black AOD

Reaction score
Switched the RCD 72mm to Elites 72mm with the Precision Wheel. Nate at UDP found one for me :)

Black AOD

Reaction score
***Update as of 2/23

Made the down payment on the build to get it going. Nate should be ordering the short block and heads today along with lifters and valvetrain and other little things (Elite flexplate, RCD up-pipes, etc.,). I've decided to do the new Side Action Lifters, as well as brand new 5" Flo Pro exhaust and a new SDP 4" Downpipe and ARP Hardware through the whole motor. The Elite 72mm with Precision wheel is already at UDP along with the Alradco Radiator and intercooler, the powder coat on the intercooler is pretty cool, its almost like a flat silver, it should look good with the Harley front end on the truck. Hopefully Nate can get some pics going in here soon. Nobody likes threads without pics, especially me. :(

Black AOD

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid build and should be reliable

Thanks, that's the plan for this. truck should make 600+ HP. The build is plenty strong for that. But I don't really beat on my stuff so...hoping it lasts me the next several years.

Latest posts

Members online