Newb needs some help picking tuner and deletes

earico

Reaction score
So I bought my truck last Spring. Got it with about 30k miles. It's a 2008 6.4 crew cab and I am the second owner. Someone once told me it was a job 2 from the vin. I want to do the deletes and tuner to make it more reliable. I don't care to make it a fast truck. Just a dependable one for years to come.

I've researched in the past about tuners and narrowed it down to the Mini Maxx. Here is where I get lost. I know the EPA shut down the race tuners but I see you can still find some. Can a street tuner be turned into a race one with an unlock code? Not sure how this works so looking for more info.

As far as deletes I know I need to do the DPF for sure. I've seen some kits like this one that comes with egr delete too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-S-MINI-MA...R-DEF-DELETE-5-FLO-PRO-SINISTER-/221648577555

I have no idea what brands of delete kits are good ones. I don't want to buy some crap kit with ****ty welds that will fail later. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hit me up, I stock EVERYTHING (including legit minimaxx)you could possibly need and everything made right here in America. no cheap stuff involved.

just know, in the ebay link you provided, the minimaxx is a pirated version and you will get NO support from hs with that unit . pm me for more info on the topic .

Last edited:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Talk to him^^^! I have his intake and full egr delete. Great products! Better quality than any other brands!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

DWhite

Reaction score
Another thumbs up for Mike and his stuff. He is a great dude and will get you anything you could need or ask for.

earico

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas.

I may also go with a SCT Livewire TS and Gearhead tunes instead of the H&S. I don't need on the fly tune switching. SCT route would be money saved and I am familiar with SCT from my mustang days.

6fourstroker

Reaction score
H&s mini maxx race tuner hands down.. Motostroker has one for sale $1500 completely unlocked brand new.

Jbird

Reaction score
Stick with bigrpower. He will get you everything you need for good prices. Great to deal with👍

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Stick with bigrpower. He will get you everything you need for good prices. Great to deal with&#55357;&#56397;

thanks for the kind words, he did , I got him all squared away late on Friday. he will be a very happy boy.

earico

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help fellas....especially you, Mike. I'm stoked and can't wait to get the parts!

I would have liked to get a Mini Maxx but it didn't make sense for me personally. I can get what I need with the Livewire, have monitoring of EGT and etc and save a lot of $$$. I'm just going to flash a tune on the truck and leave it be. So I don't need on the fly tune switching. Just want a dependable and strong truck. I won't be racing the truck because I have a fast car for my speed needs.

earico

Reaction score
UPDATE!

Parts are on. Just running the Gearhead's "street" tune. I'll probably just leave it on that all the time. I should be good to tow my car and boat on that tune if I watch the EGTs. Might put the "hot street" on it once and awhile.

On the street tune it lights the tires at 35-40 mph. LOL. Not used to having to pedal my truck :rockon:

Wifey said "Whoa!!!"

My son said "I'm not sure this truck is safe anymore. Can you stop and let me out? I can just walk back to the house." BHAHAHAHAHA!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Parts are on. Just running the Gearhead's "street" tune. I'll probably just leave it on that all the time. I should be good to tow my car and boat on that tune if I watch the EGTs. Might put the "hot street" on it once and awhile.

On the street tune it lights the tires at 35-40 mph. LOL. Not used to having to pedal my truck :rockon:

Wifey said "Whoa!!!"

My son said "I'm not sure this truck is safe anymore. Can you stop and let me out? I can just walk back to the house." BHAHAHAHAHA!

glad you're happy buddy !!

Latest posts

Members online