Heat wrap

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I have my cab up right now and was thinking of wrapping my uppipes and down pipe. I've done it on previous trucks but not a 6.4. Has anyone else wrapped there's and seen a difference?

Cknox121

Reaction score
I dont think it makes a notable difference as far as performance goes, but it does help keep under hood temperatures down. Only reason I wrapped mine was to keep heat off the fuel system due to removing the heat shield on the back of the motor.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I wrapped my downpipe last time it was out. Did I notice any difference... Performance wise no. Difference in temps around the downpipe, a little bit. It keeps some heat in for sure with the wrap on. I do it mainly for the "just because" reason lol

Riverside

Reaction score
^^^^^^^

Same experience as above.
Can't say if a performance gain is there, but I can say with the manifolds, up pipes, turbos (blankets) and down pipe all wrapped the heat radiating from the listed parts is none existent.

I can pop the hood and the Temps under the hood are now significantly lower then before.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I used lava heat wrap on my piping and for my turbo blankets. Noticeably cooler temps under the hood, which is a good thing due to my intake being right under there near the turbine housing of the big charger. I can literally put my hand on my intermediate pipe after driving, works well.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I know with my dodges it Slightly helped spool quicker but I'd like to do to keep the heat out of the engine bay

Rubenk

Reaction score
Get em ceramic coated locally if you have time. I pulled my manis and a local shop is blasting and coating them with 2500* jet black coating for $125. My new up-pipes came ceramic coated, and already had my DP ceramic coated.

I also ordered the performance turbo products turbo blankets to go on for $99.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I had my exhaust housings and manifolds coated with the black ceramic coating as well. Between the two it definitely keeps heat down. Theoretically keeping the heat in keeps velocity up. But I think the biggest thing like I said is keeping it cooler under the hood, cooler intake air temps will definitely improve power and throttle response.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.