Fox 2.0 reservoir or 2.5?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Thought I asked before but didn't see an old thread.
Highway queen truck with heavy cast wheels and 35" tires.
What's the benefit of the 2.5 over the 2.0 in a non-adjustable reservoir shock?

Trying to get my final list together for Trevor....any insight appreciated.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Aside from just the increased size of the shock body, so there's more fluid, everything else is bigger. It really does seem like with the size of our trucks, the 2.5s just handle it better. It's hard for me to put into words, but they just seem to take the hits better all around and seem more sturdy or stable if that makes any sense.

I had the Icon 2.5 bypasses on my last truck and they were amazing compared to the 2.0s I replaced with them. This time I cheaped out and went with just plain smooth body fox 2.0 shocks. While they do ride really good, I know that the 2.5s would be better.

EDIT: Maybe a good way to say it is they seem to make the bumps more blunt than sharp.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
For ride...Is it best to run a equal shocks all around or something less in the rear?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I would say same all around for a best practice.

I ran the 2.5 bypasses and a regular 2.5 resi on my last truck and it was good, I was kinda under the mindset that most of the ride characteristics were determined by the front. I definitely wished I could've adjusted the rears as well, it was good but it was obvious the front was smoother.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If I went with adjustable it would be the 2.0's for sure. The adjustable 2.5's are getting a little higher than I want to spend.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I wouldn't be all that worried about the non adjustable Fox. The Icons are just a little stiffer in general, and that's why the adjust-ability would be beneficial with them. Fox are generally more soft. If I were in your shoes, and the 2.5 resi were still in the budget you set, I'd go with those. The 2.0s won't be bad by any means, but the 2.5s will be better. And if you get the 2.0s and they aren't quite what you were hoping for, you'll end up buying the 2.5s.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'll never put a smaller shock than a 2.5 on a truck. Its crazy how little body roll I get. And I run no swaybars. Hitting driveways into shopping centers etc, would rock the truck (one tire hits it at a time usually when turning into one). When the truck was stock.

Now it's like I didn't hit it.

Drove my mom's Ex, stock suspension with 2.0 shocks. The rock it has is insane...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
I have smooth body Fox 2.0s custom tuned by Carli.

Rides great except for the terrible highways down the coast going to Corpus Christi LOL

WHY NOT

Reaction score
This is with my Icon shocks so it may vary a little bit, but I went from 2.0's to 2.5 resi's all the way around. On the highway it helps a tiny amount, but helps the truck bounce less (my truck "hop"s on certain sections of road.) But over all on smooth roads it doesn't ride any better than my 2.0's it may even ride a little more rough just since the shocks are so much harder to compress.

Now if I go down a back road that is rough is where the difference is. It blew my mind how much better my truck did down a bumpy ass back road and I drive them every day so to me 100% worth it. I can run as fast as I want and the truck is planted to the ground and doesn't feel like its going to bounce off the road like it did with the 2.0's

Jomax

Reaction score
I have smooth body Fox 2.0s custom tuned by Carli.

Rides great except for the terrible highways down the coast going to Corpus Christi LOL

Only way to fix those roads, is not use a truck lol

Layson

Reaction score
You just need to buy some 3.0 triple bypass shocks and 3.0 coilovers and it will go away....LOL

IMG_2005.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
That pic is a thing of beauty. Pity they don't make a 4in lift in that.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I just put on a set of King 2.5 resis on the front of mine. I really like the adjustability and I don't think I will buy another set of shocks without that feature.

I do use the truck in several different ways, so maybe that's why I like the adjustability.

That being said, I want to try a set of fox or Icons in the rear because I don't want to spend that much coin on 2 shocks again.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I'll never put a smaller shock than a 2.5 on a truck. Its crazy how little body roll I get. And I run no swaybars. Hitting driveways into shopping centers etc, would rock the truck (one tire hits it at a time usually when turning into one). When the truck was stock.

Now it's like I didn't hit it.

Drove my mom's Ex, stock suspension with 2.0 shocks. The rock it has is insane...

Did Carli ever get anywhere with a sway bar for our trucks?

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
A sway bar is going to affect your travel and your ride quality, so I would expect there to be none on those kits.

Jomax

Reaction score
Did Carli ever get anywhere with a sway bar for our trucks?

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

The trial one is still on Sages truck. I believe it's coming soon. But don't really care. I'll never run one.

Clean-15

Reaction score
The trial one is still on Sages truck. I believe it's coming soon. But don't really care. I'll never run one.

Mine still has a little too much gangsta lean. Maybe I'll be fine once I get a limited slip. It unloads a rear tire and spins now.

2015 CCSB Lariat