97 obs Cummins swap

woodduck97

Reaction score
Whats everyone doing for the shifter for the tranfer case? I got a 48re with a super duty manual transfer case. Any input would be appriciated.

suprhlr

Reaction score
this is in my superduty, but maybe it will give you some ideas. 48RE to a 271F

329_zpsvi2wzvhh.jpg

328_zps1rgg986n.jpg

327_zpsqc2ikzfa.jpg

ghohouston

Reaction score
Why not go with a built e40d? Seems it would be easier since you wouldn't need to add/adapt your harness. Or do you not want to pay the high cost of an adaptor plate?

Ncovey

Reaction score
I don't know if it helps or not since I used a nv4500/241hd combo, but I used a 2nd gen shifter that mounts to the floorpan. Didn't have to worry about mounting it to the transmission that way.

woodduck97

Reaction score
this is in my superduty, but maybe it will give you some ideas. 48RE to a 271F

328_zps1rgg986n.jpg

Is that a factory dodge bracket?

Why not go with a built e40d? Seems it would be easier since you wouldn't need to add/adapt your harness. Or do you not want to pay the high cost of an adaptor plate?

I had a BTS in the truck. With the power I plan to make I didnt want to put that money in it with the new billet flex plate and adapter plate.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Do you think a built 48re is going to be cheaper?

Your still going to need a controller to control the 48re. If you already have the BTS I would really look at an adapter and flexplate.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Yeah it was cheaper actually. Sold the bts for 3500 bought a 48re built buy darren morrison with everything that can be put in it quad disk converter billet flywheel and a tci shifter box for 5k.

BDS

Reaction score
I just threw out the modified linkage I made to adapt to a 48RE !!! It ashame, But I cut the OEM linkage and re-clocked it then welded it back together. shortened the linkage arm and it worked perfect. I mounted the works to a 1/8" steel plate and bolted that to the tabs on the 48RE

Latest posts

Members online