F450/550 cab&chassis exhaust

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Does the tailpipe hang below the fuel tank or run between the fuel tank and axle like the stock exhaust.

That is the only thing that I don't like about mine. I always back into parking spots just for ease of pulling out(truck is 210" wheelbase). I have to be careful because if the curb is bigger than 4-5 inches, I will hit it with the tailpipe.

vcassens

Reaction score
Sorry i haven't gotten pics up yet I've been stupid busy finishing up the auto to manual swap so i can get to my new job on Tuesday lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score
9835c150ccf8ff8c7c3f6ca6ca9956ad.jpg

db2bdd3e6c7853505c8ddc4fbb375e8f.jpg

Little tight but it clears everything good. If you don't want a muffler majestic sure you order the delete pipe at the same time. That was my holdup on finishing it up lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
Well i waited till black friday to order my kit, and glad i did. Ended up paying $284 with shipping, and it came with a free 5" tip! Tore into it Friday evening and started the install. Everything went pretty easy, aside from it being a bit tight on my ZF-6. May need to do some more tweaking once i get a few miles on it and stuff moves around.

But the tailpipe section kicked my ass. My stock exhaust had been modded at some point with a very poor 2 1/2" section of pipe used to ****** the muffler among other things ,and turns out they removed the factory tailpipe hanger too. So i had to make my own bracket which was easy enough. But the damn pipe wouldn't fit where the stock hanger was no matter how hard i tried. It would either twist the axle piece over into the sway bar, have the tip angled up, tip angled back, or be rubbing the skid plate hard. Just would not fit where it should've. So after a couple hours of having to tweak **** in the entire system and messing with it, i got it how i wanted it. Also had to use a hanger clamp that came with the kit as the welded hanger wouldn't work. Plenty of clearance everywhere, the exhaust sits up a little higher than the skid plate so its protected, the tip sets pretty good, and it fits inside of my mudflap, although the flap will need some modding. Not sure if there was something different on my truck, on the exhaust, or just me screwing it up. But its on, looks good, and with the muffler its super quiet. I'm pleased with it.

BTW sorry about the ****ty pics, broke the camera lens cover on my phone a while back so its about useless now.

20151205_135939_zps8r95jwil.jpg

20151205_170120_zpstqc5dspx.jpg

20151205_161818_zpsjpdhj71w.jpg

20151205_161715_zpsrxmvukio.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
You could call Flo Pro and ask if they make it in stainless, but not sure if its needed. My exhaust still looks like new. Put quite a few miles on it, BUT it does sit in the winter and i try to avoid salt, or at least wash it quick. Trucks about to roll over 300k and still 100% rust free.

4duggan

Reaction score
JD ,
You bought the kit that was linked earlier in this thread ?
Sorry to bring up ole thread but this is one of the last things
I need to get done on my 450 .
Thanks

JD3020

Reaction score
Yes, fit great and install was easy. Although i did have to tweak the tailpipe a bit to clear my mud flap. But that has nothing to do with Flo-Pro. Although looking back i would try to get a kit without a muffler as the hangers are welded on the muffler and would be a pain to remove in the future.

Latest posts

Members online