Fox 2.0 reservoir or 2.5?

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine still has a little too much gangsta lean. Maybe I'll be fine once I get a limited slip. It unloads a rear tire and spins now.

2015 CCSB Lariat
Carli Pintop Leveling kit w/ full springs, 37in Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on 18x9 Fuel Trophy's, AMP boards and bedstep, 3M chip on front end and rockers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

As in the back end is lower then the front end?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Hellwig has a couple of bars for both front and rear. Probably not a good idea for serious off road but if it's a street queen they'll flatten it out considerably. I'm going to run their 1 5/16" front bar and 1 1/4" rear bar.
Mine lives on the street...the furthest off road it will get is the unpaved roads on my place in the woods and those are smoother than most roads. lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
How are you guys running a 4 link with no sway bar and not having excessive body roll?

3 link might be a little better on body roll? But I can't imagine trying to drive one with no sway bar at all.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
How are you guys running a 4 link with no sway bar and not having excessive body roll?

3 link might be a little better on body roll? But I can't imagine trying to drive one with no sway bar at all.

Funny you say this, I had a conversation with Dave the other day and he told me to remove them and enjoy the ride. Still haven't done it but he gave me some pretty interesting info.

Layson might be able to shed some light on that idea.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score

I want to know as well. I disconnected the ones on my Ex just to try it out and it felt even more like a wallowing pig. If anything I want to beef them up when I swap to the 05+ suspension.

Layson

Reaction score
Jomax and I are running radius arm/3-link style setups. There is a little more resistance then a 4-link.

If you did it with a 4-link you would have to do some clever valving in the shocks, which most people or shock companies probably couldn't actually figure it out...LOL

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Jomax and I are running radius arm/3-link style setups. There is a little more resistance then a 4-link.

This is where Dave recommended it, was with his ALA arms. Still haven't tried it, although it's on my list to do.

Jomax

Reaction score

It's all in the shocks.

Clean-15

Reaction score
As in the back end is lower then the front end?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When turning at low to moderate speeds, say like going through a round-about, the truck leans so bad it picks a tire up or at least unweights it, and it spins.

No, the truck sits level and even, it just leans pretty good w/o the sway bar. Don't get me wrong, its way, way better than it would be stock, and it rides better w/o it too but I need more supportive seats if I'm gonna leave it off. It takes a lot of core strength to hold myself up when it's tilting over so far, LOL

Last edited:

Clean-15

Reaction score

It's not bad really, not near as much as you would think when compared to stock.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe you guys are just on more straight roads way more then I ever am.

My everyday commute looks like Watkins Glen and I'm 60+ miles from anything resembling a interstate.

After putting on my 4 link the body roll was WAY, WAY, more noticeable even with upgraded shocks and still having the stock sway bar.

I put a 08 F-550 front sway bar on, and that stopped it. Feels much tighter in the turns with it on. I also added a 05 sway bar to the rear instead of the pathetic sized 08 up style. They also set above the rear rather then under like the 08 up.

Even with this king shocks I would have a hard time believing I could take my sway bar off and not feel like I'm going to 360 the truck over the side of a mountain. JMO.

Jomax

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe you guys are just on more straight roads way more then I ever am.

My everyday commute looks like Watkins Glen and I'm 60+ miles from anything resembling a interstate.

After putting on my 4 link the body roll was WAY, WAY, more noticeable even with upgraded shocks and still having the stock sway bar.

I put a 08 F-550 front sway bar on, and that stopped it. Feels much tighter in the turns with it on. I also added a 05 sway bar to the rear instead of the pathetic sized 08 up style. They also set above the rear rather then under like the 08 up.

Even with this king shocks I would have a hard time believing I could take my sway bar off and not feel like I'm going to 360 the truck over the side of a mountain. JMO.

King shocks from king are different than shocks for carli, they're not as fine tuned.

Now, My truck is special a bit, I have a Coilover with a bypass in front and 3.0s in the back. And I'm only lifted 2.5in. Thing handles windy roads amazingly well. Handles way better than stock and I have quite a bit of tire sidewall. But I have plenty shock to compensate.

Kits lifted 4.5in do not handle as good.

As for the 4link, I'm not a fan.

Layson

Reaction score

You would have to valve a shock differently for a 4 link if you were not running sway bars. I don't think anyone really does that.

4-link kits should come with a larger sway bars, but most kits don't....LOL

The thing that I don't like most about 4-links is typically you do end up with some bump steer and then if you actually wheel the truck the front driveline isn't that happy...at full droop. Seen drivelines and t-cases grenade...LOL

It all can be done correctly but nobody wants to spend the money to do it or I guess really cares that much....LOL. or maybe doesn't even know...

Just because you have king shocks doesn't mean you can take the sway bars off either...LOL. There is like a million ways to valve these things...LOL. That is one of the cool benefits of the bypass/adjustable shocks. Just keep cranking them down. I can make my truck lean or go around a corner like a race car...LOL

Like this truck....16" lift and no sway bars....LOL This one doesn't have bypasses, it is just valved properly....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzs0Fl8bRVA

co04cobra

Reaction score
I get what you guys are saying. A coilover setup would make a world of difference. King, Fox, Icon, whatever name on the shock, I was just meaning even with a quailtiy shock upgrade, I couldn't see taking the sway bar off.

I see where with extensive valving it could be drastically improved, but for most setups probably just not worth the time.

Layson

Reaction score
Actually a coilover isn't all that great anyways. It is a pain to change out the valving and they usually are not adjustable. So a standard coil spring and a nice shock are actually better. get more travel out of the setup too...

Jomax

Reaction score
You would have to valve a shock differently for a 4 link if you were not running sway bars. I don't think anyone really does that.

4-link kits should come with a larger sway bars, but most kits don't....LOL

The thing that I don't like most about 4-links is typically you do end up with some bump steer and then if you actually wheel the truck the front driveline isn't that happy...at full droop. Seen drivelines and t-cases grenade...LOL

It all can be done correctly but nobody wants to spend the money to do it or I guess really cares that much....LOL. or maybe doesn't even know...

Just because you have king shocks doesn't mean you can take the sway bars off either...LOL. There is like a million ways to valve these things...LOL. That is one of the cool benefits of the bypass/adjustable shocks. Just keep cranking them down. I can make my truck lean or go around a corner like a race car...LOL

Like this truck....16" lift and no sway bars....LOL This one doesn't have bypasses, it is just valved properly....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzs0Fl8bRVA

That thing corners flat! How's the ride though?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.